UMiami Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Anyone know the acceptance rate this year?

I believe its 27%

That was last yr I assume it is way lower this yr

Accepted as Business major, with Presidential Scholarship!

Yea I think it’s lower cuz on the acceptance letter it said 42000 applications received and only 2100 spots
Which is a 5% acceptance rate
Which is really low for them
Am I doing the math wrong cuz wut

Has anyone else not received a decision?

That’s how many people end up going way more people get accepted than the 2100

1 Like

Ohh kk

We didn’t get an email but had answer in portal

So weird nothing in portal has changed

Same!

same that you haven’t heard anything, or same that you didn’t get an email and decision was in the portal?

Was accepted with the Cane scholarship $40k!

1 Like

anyone else feel like decisions were heavily based on financial situation since they’re need aware? I’m above average for umiami and got waitlisted. I’ve compared my application to other students and those who are wealthier with lower stats for accepted. seems sketchy

2 Likes

It’s probably yield protection. It “is an admissions practice where a university or academic institution rejects or wait-lists highly qualified students on the grounds that such students are bound to be accepted by more prestigious universities or programs.”

I thought they were committed to being need blind & meets need?

1 Like

they’re need aware in the admissions process. meaning they’re more incline to take a wealthy student with lower stats than a less wealthy student with high stats. they do have a policy to meet 100% of demonstrated financial need that was implemented recently but that’s kinda of deceiving because majority of students they accept don’t need a lot of aid.

2 Likes

I had to use a new browser

Thanks for explaining that. It makes a lot of sense. My sons is valedictorian and has been accepted at 2 schools previously but rejected at UM. We are high financial need and he applied to a very competitive program. I believe he will end up at the best place for him ultimately, but rejection is so hard!

1 Like

it’s such a weird admissions process this year. it could’ve also been yield protection. lots of students who got into top 20 schools got rejected/waitlisted at UM. best of luck to your son!

1 Like