UMiami or ASU

<p>So I have been accepted to both schools and I'm a transfer student. I will be majoring in environmental engineering but I also want to do a double major in specifically animal physiology and behavior.. I have to choose between UM and Arizona State University and I'm so confused! I'm just going to write out my pros and cons for each school:</p>

<p>I have already visited UM twice and really liked it. I love that it's not too big and not too small and I have heard that students get to have a relationship with the teachers. However I have never heard of UMiami's engineering program as being well known and they only have a general biology major (nothing specifically towards animal behavior or something like that). I think I will end up paying much more at UM than at ASU.</p>

<p>I haven't visited ASU yet but it has the two majors I want and although it is a huge school and has such a high acceptance rate, I know that it has a well known engineering program. I'm not so sure on jobs after graduating though if it matters which school I go to for my bachelor degree. </p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Some of the answer depends on how much of a self learner you are. Ultra large schools like ASU must leverage their grad students to teach and advise on courses in the first 2 years. If you are the kind of student that can learn independently then you can do fine. But when it gets tough in organic chem and calc 201 then it is great to be able to get access to the prof. directly as is the case at a University like UM.
UM is quite flexible in allowing you to design your major. Having said that, engineering in general is quite a strict curriculum as it is an accredited major. I would check but I would think it is unlikely that you can get a true double major in Env. Eng. & Animal Beh. anywhere, but I could be wrong (maybe a maj./minor would be possible)</p>

<p>ASU: Cheaper, no mosquitos and it’s a dry heat!</p>