UMich Admissions - Regular Decision Fall 2022

Does anyone know if UMIch is releasing another round of Regular Decisions today?

2 Likes

Did anyone get a response at all ?

nothing here

1 Like

Have there been any decisions released since 1/29 (the EA release date)???

Yes , there was a wave for instate applicants and another small wave I think. Nothing these past two fridays.

1 Like

Shoot, did this wave include ED and OOS?

UMich does not offer ED. The March 4th wave only included in-state as @MomofDS stated in the message you replied to. It included RD and deferred-EA applicants.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Anyone know when the final wave was last year, wondering how long the wait is.

Iā€™ve looked over the class of 2025 EA thread and there was a big wave on 3/26/21 (last Friday in March) that included accepted, rejected and waitlisted. I also found an in-state LSA from 4/1/21.

1 Like

Didnā€™t someone say about 1000 posts back that they had spoken to an AO and that the AO indicated that there was going to be one release date? No one wanted to believe it at the time, but at this point, that looks like it might be true.

They have had small waves here and there. It definitely isnā€™t one release date. People have been trickling in here and there on the UMich group chat saying they had gotten their decision throughout February and beginning of March.

1 Like

Silly question from someone who hasnā€™t followed this closely. My D was deferred (postponed) from early decision. Sheā€™s out of state. Wondering:
(a) whether we should expect to hear back on this by tomorrow (March 18) or March 25 or March 31 or April 1 or . . .?
(b) whether her chances are materially worse/same/better than if she hadnā€™t been postponed?

I did try searching this thread and a couple of others but it was challenging.

FWIW, she has all Aā€™s in the hardest classes and a 35 on the ACT. Not sure if thatā€™s relevant or not to the situation.

Thanks for your time.

4 Likes

I would really appreciate it if someone provided some insight into this! In the same position.

1 Like

Nobody knows when they will release regular decisions. So, your guesses are as good as anyoneā€™s. People are sort of hoping for 3/18, but most donā€™t think it will be until later in March or the first of April. Michigan, as usual, isnā€™t posting a date and everyone is just left in limbo.

Michigan postpones a bunch of people and there is no real rhyme or reason and itā€™s not really an indication of anything if you get postponed, so Iā€™d say her chances are about the same for RD as they were for EA. The general assumption is that they make about 1/2 of their acceptances EA and the rest RD.

Your D22ā€™s stats are terrificā€¦ but UofM for an OOS applicant is just like any other elite university and can be a crap shoot. I do hope she gets good news ā€¦ and soon!

3 Likes

Just wishing you all the best of luck on your admissions decisions! :shamrock::blue_heart:

3 Likes

Waiting to see if anyone checked their portal, since we have to wait fr DS to come home.

1 Like

no update here

Thank you for the reply.

1 Like

Michigan received 83,000 applications this year so itā€™s impossible to even guess if a student like yours would get in-many students will have stats like that. I think really strong leadership is a better indicator, but with that many applications itā€™s a crap shoot for even top applicants at Michigan just like any other highly selective school. The best plan is to get excited about the schools your student is accepted to, but wait to deposit until May 1st and hopefully before then your student will be accepted to UM. If not then youā€™re prepared and excited about your other options. Good luck!

2 Likes