UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

My kid’s CA school is not on here but 100% she will matriculate if accepted. I hope it came across in her essay.

1 Like

And I’ll point out that the CA Bay area school with high matriculation also have UMich AOS visit their high schools to recruit. They are all extremely wealthy schools. No such luck on our middle class outer suburb.

is umich EA going to be released tomorrow?

It’s amazes me how much things have changed like overnight.

3 Likes

no way they come out tomorrow

3 Likes

does it come out this week or before christmas?

comes out late January

1 Like

What? Later January…

If you assume EA decisions will be released Friday, January 27, 2023 at 3:00 PM EST, then it’s highly likely you won’t be disappointed. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

what you said 1000%. Do not expect anything sooner

My son’s GC submitted Optional Report with his quarter grades, because another school he applied to requested them. It was not his best quarter though things have rebounded. All the schools he applied to- including UM- downloaded this “optional” report. Unfortunately UM’s decision will come before his mid-year grades are ready. Of course it’s on him for not keeping those A’s up but just curious if anyone has any insight on how UM will treat that report. I assume since they have it, they will use it, despite it not being required, correct?

2 Likes

Anything sent gets put in his file. Whether they request it or not. Eyeballs unofficially will see it and they will determine its relevance. Lots of kids get deferred and they want to see midterm grades anyway. Kids need to continue studying hard since schools like Michigan want to see the kids getting prepared for college. No senoritis.

Saying this, no one expects all As. That’s a figment in the parents mostly illusion. Just do well. They are looking for students to continue to excel in college.

Just a note and I say this every year. Michigan is a very tough school. It’s not said enough. Kids grades can drop the first quiz /semester /year. Your child doesn’t know what studying is yet. Most high school kids sorta breeze through. That will change and Michigan needs kids that can handle that and change also. Good luck.

2 Likes

UMich decisions used to come out right before Xmas. I know it states on their website that decisions are coming out late January. Does anyone know what happened last year? Did any decisions come out in December?

I posted previous EA release dates above in Post #160:

6 Likes

They’ve only released in Jan since the pandemic.

3 Likes

The volume of applications pre/post COVID and test optional made it really difficult to get to all of the EA applications before Mid-December.

Do they have certain in-state student count requirements for majors? Because I applied CS with a 1560 and 3.98/4.55 from an in-state school and I’m worried about competition from out of state

1 Like

As you probably know, for the Fall of 2023, there is a limited enrollment restriction or selection for CS majors only, but there’s no known instate vs OOS quota by MAJOR.

UMich has selected, OVERALL for the entire freshman class, roughly 52% instate, 40% OOS and 8% International.

So then I shouldn’t worry as they should at least take a decent amount of in state right?

4 Likes

You are compared only to students at your school /district. You are not compared to out of state students. It would have no impact on your decision. How does your school do in general with Michigan? Is your school one of their feeders?

3 Likes