UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Oh, I definitely have. I’m fully expecting deferral but just really eager to have more info that will help me figure out where to go with the rest of my decisions process.

2 Likes

Mom of D and S 23s from CA too- twins! My son applied EA and is waiting. Great stats and gpa and solid ECs but no crazy hook. Daughter already set as a recruited athlete (different d1 university on east coast) so we’ve known since early fall for her. Good luck to our b/g twins! :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

Congrats to your D! (I see you S had a somewhat similar experience to my S who applied ED at Dartmouth as a legacy but was Deferred. His dad has been an interviewer for them for decades. Definitely a let down.)

Fingers crossed for Michigan EA!

1 Like

I thought the Michigan scholarship app was going to available today Jan 15? I know you can’t submit until/unless you are admitted but can you not even start looking at what the application entails? My D23 cannot access it with a Friend account which she doesn’t have yet.

Anyway if anyone know what the app requires we’d love a heads up. Thanks.

1 Like

how far in advance did they announce it last year?

1 Like

The website says you have to be admitted to apply;for LSA scholarships. “You will not be able to access our Four-year Renewable Scholarship application until you are admitted”

Yes I know-- but they also say the scholarship app is open January 15. I find that confusing, but I guess we wait with our fingers crossed.

2 Likes

They didn’t announce it in advance last year. They told applicants the last day in January, and at 3:00 on Friday January 28 it was in the portal.

3 Likes

I had the same question. Pretty stupid isn’t it.

2 Likes

So this Friday or next Friday…ahhh. We all wait! Good luck, everyone!

6 Likes

Looks like some of the transfer applicants heard back over the past few days. As far as I know, no results from standard EA applicants yet-

2 Likes

The Michigan Admissions Instagram account says at the “end of the month” in “late January.” This is in a comment from a post from last week.

4 Likes

What is the UMich Admissions instagram account? I haven’t found one.

umichadmissions

I hadn’t found it before this either, but somehow saw it last week. A few posts ago, someone asked a question about EA applications.

2 Likes

I just asked my phone and this is what I got. Technology… I tell ya… Lol.

2 Likes

Also end of the month is… Well… End of the month. So look to Jan 27th at 3:00 or so Eastern time. If it comes out sooner then… Well… I am wrong… :thinking::wink:

3 Likes

So, you’re telling me there’s chance? :grinning:

4 Likes

I blame you anyways so what’s the difference… Lol :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Congrats! My son got accepted to Purdue as well (physics). Didn’t realize there was going to be so much excitement with those results. Getting tougher and tougher.

7 Likes

Purdue is a great school. Congrats to both. Go to where it’s affordable and have a good fit. Try not to have loans or many of them.

5 Likes