UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

The site would go down for maintenance. There would be disappearing portal tabs. Missing X’s for final transcripts. Some “hidden” web page where there were strings of characters. On and on.

My guess is that they still need another week to get through another 50,000 apps that are still sitting on the edge of someone’s desk, because they only have one person looking at every file 2-3 times. :rofl:

2 Likes

Sorry, you gotta read the last 4 years of threads to understand.

3 Likes

Im sorry - I am wrong, I had my son check his emails - he got notification from UMich on 1/28 at 3:23pm that enrollment connect was updated…the day decisions were released

1 Like

I was just messing with ya but someone got internet connection at the beach and already answered it. :beach_umbrella::rofl:

1 Like

They don’t even give a date…

UMich doesn’t give a time. It’s just been predominantly 3:00 PM EST (+/-) in the past.

2 Likes

I just noticed the “switch application” tab on the top of my Enrollment Connect page, and when I click it, I get my FA’23 Engineering: First Year application, and also FA’24 Business Administration BBA, which when I click on the FA’24 option, it says

“The application status portal is unavailable for this application.”

Anyone else getting this? I applied for Engineering school with BBA preferred admission.

1 Like

Oooo this could be a good sign

1 Like

Don’t have this tab

I have the “switch application” tab too.

My daughter was admitted on Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019. I was wondering if maybe they’d do Thursday again this year to keep everyone guessing.
My son was admitted Friday, Dec. 18, 2015 which was a Friday.
But I believe there was also a Tuesday admittance day between 2015 and 2019.
Sushiritto- seems like you listed the admissions dates, maybe in the fall2020 group of the last 4-5 years before.

Okie dokie.

1 Like

Neither do we. Maybe because @dasbetdasbet applied to two schools - Engineering and Business???

So for all those talking about the east coast private school counselors saying release today.

This was just posted on a FB site about that circulating information:

" IMPORTANT: Earlier today, a post was made with two screenshots of emails that appear to be from the counselor at Newark Academy in Livingston, NJ. The emails in said screenshots are fraudulent and the school is currently investigating how and why they were sent out and now being distributed around the country. The information about USC that was posted by(redacted name) is ACCURATE (please read her post) and came directly to counselors from the office of admissions. The information about Michigan release dates going well into April is NOT ACCURATE, to the knowledge of Kerry Winiarski, the college counselor at Newark Academy. To be clear, this might evolve into a criminal investigation of the fraudulent email that appears to have been sent by Kerry.

Kerry brought this to my attention and I am posting this message with her permission, on her behalf."

2 Likes

Wow, someone went to some effort here.

So what is the accurate info again?

1 Like

I haven’t seen said screen shots myself.

But USC is releasing today and Michigan has NOT notified anyone they are releasing today or said anything about release dates going well into April.

4 Likes

Yes, Engineering with preferred admission to Business.

1 Like

What ever ends up happening, this thread for sure going to blow up at 3 PM :laughing:.

Has there ever been this much speculation for an admissions release before on this forum? I would be surprised if it wasn’t.

Post #'s 160 and 234, IIRC. But I’ll post again for any newcomers:

Pre-Pandemic
12/16/2011 (Friday)
12/14/2012 (Friday)
12/20/2013 (Friday)
12/19/2014 (Friday)
12/18/2015 (Friday)
12/21/2016 (Wednesday)
12/20/2017 (Wednesday)
12/19/2018 (Wednesday)
12/19/2019 (Thursday)

During/Post Pandemic
1/29/2021 (Friday @ 2:50 PM EST) (a)
1/28/2022 (Friday @ 3:00 PM EST) (b)

(a) Michigan extended the EA app deadline to Monday, November 16, 2020.
(b) Nursing was released earlier.

4 Likes

I think you posted a list of past UM EA release dates. Perhaps in the fall 2020 group? Do you remember that? If not you, someone did.
Or could have been fall 2025 group, but I thought it was 24.
If someone is good at searching for old posts in CC, you might be able to find this post. My best guess is that it was posted in Dec. 2019. Could have been in Nov. 2019.
I’m curious to know how many times it was NOT a Friday.

1 Like