UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

'Tis the season …

1 Like

Are decisions coming out today?

1 Like

nope next friday most prolly

I read here a source was told it would not be the first or the last week of January so it has to be this one right? I just want to rip the bandaid already!

1 Like

There’s a lot of speculation about dates but no word from the university itself. Someone also mentioned earlier that by “last week” the person could’ve meant the 29th-31st.

2 Likes

Tell that to Michigan. No institution has a bandaid stickier than Michigan :rofl: :rofl:.

My son said his friends who attended the in-school info session back in October (he didn’t attend as it occurred during AP physics) were told by the admissions officer that the date would be January 20th. That appears to be wrong, although I guess 5:00p.m. Is still possible.

Did they explicit say the 20th? Or did they say something along the lines of “its not the last week of January”?

I do think it’s quite strange how many fingers are pointing at the 20th. Either way, 3pm has come and gone and there is nothing. There was probably a whole cascade of miscommunication and unintentional stretching the truth

1 Like

Or, maybe they intended sooner and had many more applications, people out sick—who knows? Maybe it was a test to see how many of the comments ended up here? Oops

2 Likes

According to several friends in attendance, specifically 1/20. Sounds weird that they would say this given their usual “end of month” line.

1 Like

It’s pretty much on their website… Lol

1 Like

There is no way the admissions office knew the date all the way back in October. They didn’t even have all of the EA applications turned in yet.

4 Likes

Maybe the confusion is that transfer students for fall of 2023 are getting their admissions decisions today? Transfer students posted on another thread on College Confidential…

5 Likes

transfer admissions are rolling. Started on Monday, maybe even late last week. There have been admissions and rejections every day this week (my S got in on Wednesday after being waitlisted last year)

9 Likes

got it! congratulations to your son!

3 Likes

Where is your son enrolled this year? Congrats GO BLUE!

2 Likes

Just emailed an admissions counselor.

4 Likes

what did they say?

1 Like

I called the admissions office and their answer was the same as their website: by the end of January.

2 Likes

Just do Industrial engineering with the Entrepreneurship minor. That is what my son graduated with, with a sustainablity minor also. His job loved this combo.

2 Likes