UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

You described it perfectly. The people I knew who were in different ones when my son attended a few years ago loved their experience. They did lots of things together and even had special seating for the football games they did together. It was pretty close knit and many become close friends.

3 Likes

How do u get residential college ? I’m unaware of what happens after acceptance. Going to visit soon to help with decisions.

1 Like

I don’t know much about it, but one aspect that often deters interest in the RC is the heavy language requirement.

1 Like

Does anyone know when RDs come out? Or at least when they have in past years?

Thank you for your feedback. This is reassuring and fits exactly what I hope may happen. From living in close quarters to having small sized- classes at their disposal while also having advisors and mentors in the building really enhances the college experience. And they can do that while still pursuing the major of their choice.

I think there was an opt in during the application phase. You can still apply for it though. But the spots are limited.

1 Like

I see your point and agree that for some people it may be an issue. In my son’s case, however, it may be a plus.

1 Like

If this is what you are referring to…
https://lsa.umich.edu/rc/prospective-students/faq.html

3 Likes

LSA RC is in East Quad, one of the best dorms and a fantastic location.

3 Likes

Thx this link explained it all.

3 Likes

Daughter accepted to LSA on 1/27
Rejected by Ross on 3/17

OOS
4.00 UW / 4.80 W (School doesn’t rank)
16 APs/Honor Classes
Test Optional
Seal of Biliteracy (English / Spanish)
Good ECs (Works part-time, exchange student program, volunteering)
Two HS sports + Club
Club President
NHS
Essay focus was on Michigan

Disappointed not getting into her first choice, but glad to have other good business programs accepting her. Congrats to those accepted into Ross and good luck!

2 Likes

Not sure if they will do the same this year but last year they offered some postponed and then waitlisted Exercise Science and Sports Mgmt kids the option to start in January so that might be an option. My daughter had to say she was interested (think when she got waitlisted) and a week or two later she was offered a spot.

4 Likes

Interesting- and the decisions were released same time as LSA ?

Yes postponed - Still waiting like everyone else.

1 Like

Yes, same time as LSA.

Hi! Did your student do the January offer? I am so curious about how that went.

She didn’t although she was tempted. It sounded like it would be a well organized program with interesting classes and starting with a cohort of 50 would help with making friends coming in midyear. They had an info session before you had to make a decision which was helpful.

2 Likes

Thank you. I think the concern would be housing uncertainty and losing the option to be in Greek life. But super interesting idea and I bet they organize it really well. Where did your student end up? If you don’t mind sharing.

Yes, the housing would make me nervous too. At the info session, they said a lot of housing opens up midyear with kids graduating and going abroad. Hadn’t thought about Greek life since my daughter had no interest.

She ended up at Saint Louis University and is loving it there- academically and socially. She wants to be a PT so their 6 year direct admit DPT program was a huge selling point. I think a smaller university was a better fit for her too.

1 Like

Good for her! That sounds like a great match.

1 Like