UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Stats aren’t that different at Michigan between lsa and engineering. Lsa is 3.9 unweighted and 32-35 Act. Engineering is 3.93 and 34 Act. Ross would be in the same range…

1 Like

Out of 90,000+ applications to the University passing the threshold step of University admission is a monumental step in its own right. certainly gaining entrance to Ross overall an uphill journey.

Aloha! Has anyone’s accepted student heard back yet from the March 1st LSA Honors program applications?

Any chance tomorrow could be the day?

2 Likes

“any chance”… Loaded question… Always a chance. :joy:

3 Likes

no, the portal closes a couple days before release, this hasn’t happened yet

2 Likes

Something tells me in a few years he won’t have a problem being accepted :wink:.

7 Likes

not a couple days before , a couple hours before.

It was 3 days before for EA this year.

This is true. Sometimes it’s several days prior and sometimes it can be the same day but a few hours before you shall see some portal activity. Who knows… Maybe they got their CS team to not do that anymore? Can always check at 3 and 5 eastern time anyway… Lol.

4 Likes

I noticed last year for regular decision the portal didn’t close (go blue) at all, the screen remained the same but day of withdraw buttons disappeared a few hours before. There could be a chance still!

3 Likes

Students must complete 12 credit hours after high school graduation to be eligible. I’m assuming most students starting in January will attend a community college in the fall, although I’m not sure of that. Anyway, if they do take 12 credits in the summer and/or fall before coming to the University of Michigan, they can apply for eligibility for rush. They will not be able to automatically enroll for rush anyway because the sign-up is in December and you have to be a current student to be able to register. But if they contact the Panhel office and ask, they should be granted eligibility.

1 Like

Has anyone’s withdrawal button disappeared?

1 Like

no it hasn’t

My daughter is in Sport Management Immersion program at Michigan and started in January. I was very reluctant for her to start in January but honestly, it was the best decision for her. She lived in Ann Arbor, worked, met other students, went to the football games and was so psyched to start in January. She is currently living on Central Campus, will COB into a sorority in the fall and she has met even more girls this semester. She loves her classes and the kids in her program have bonded. She really couldn’t be happier. She loves UM and I know now it was the right decision for her. Happy to answer any questions about the immersion programs—there are 3 in Kines—if that is an option for your student.

4 Likes

Love hearing your story.

3 Likes

I spoke to someone in financial aid dept today about my son’s CSS profile and she was making it sound like decisions wouldn’t post until next week…but you never know.

Hi! Are you referring to January start for SMI students?

1 Like

I was on this page last year stressing out about my daughter getting into UM. Forgot my password and CC name so I chose a new one! Very happy with the way things have worked out for my daughter!

2 Likes

SMI students are not allowed to take classes after HS graduation and before January. They also cannot rush. My daughter applied for an exception and was denied. The boys dirty rush and there are quite a few SMI boys in frats.

1 Like