UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

When I called the AO last week, they indicated end of March and said we might get an email.
It does not seem like that.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has latest insights from AO though it might be their standard response.

Wow! I wonder how the new version of the SAT will change things? I think there are other ways to address the excessive numbers of applications without making the SAT mandatory again, though. (Also, requiring the SAT after the medians have gotten so high won’t help bring the averages to a more reasonable level–this will just be the new SAT normal, a bare minimum requirement.)

Did Michigan reject any of the EA applicants in the first round, or was everyone postponed?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they did reject some applicants.

4 Likes

Yes they did.

1 Like

Just fwiw for everyone who’s responded to my note upthread, I was responding to a poster who mentioned that basically a third of their kid’s public high school seniors were applying to Michigan. I understand things are different at elite academies and such.

1 Like

The student newspaper at Michigan has followed the feeder high school story for years. Their latest research into it resulted in this excellent research and article.

4 Likes

maybe I missed it but do they post an actual list of the 300+ schools?

1 Like

You have to search by name or click on the shaded boxes to view the schools.

my school is on this list lmaooo

thank you!

It’s not the end of March yet… Lol :walking_man::joy:

Very interesting, is this something published every year? Have you looked for last year’s cycle?

1 Like

It is a one-off article in the student newspaper.

How does one apply to LSA honors if that application is due April 5 or 7th? And not all of the final LSA decisions have come out?

1 Like

They did an article in 2010 if you want to compare the 10 year change in data. The most notable difference is that in 2010 only 1/3 of students were from out of state. Now it’s 50%.

1 Like

It’s so interesting to look at the actual numbers, by clicking on a box. The application number vs the accepted and enrolled numbers. Fascinating.

1 Like

FWIW, the numbers of admits from the high schools in our Michigan community (not Detroit metro or Grand Rapids), have been fairly consistent over the past few years via what I have heard. All of those accepted are exceptional students and not getting a pass because they are in state. I would be curious to know if the numbers were higher in 2010 when more in state students were admitted.

1 Like

one applies quickly :rofl: