UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Her admission portal still shows black screen

Thatā€™s a bit boggling to me. But good luck in RD.

3 Likes

Good Luck everyone!

7 Likes

Where did you see this

How do applicants have access to Wolverine Access?

Right?! Avg ACT in last year reported was 30 for nursing. Sheā€™s taking AP Bio & Organic Chem this year. ???

the nursing majors got a decision , does hat mean others will get it today too

it matters the essay and ECā€™s

essays and curriculars matter too

did you have any nursing ECs?

Hm - I see a list of average GPAs, and while itā€™s a good ā€œheadline grabberā€, Iā€™m not sure that ā€œinflationā€ is the conclusion to automatically jump to.

If colleges reject >90% of applications with (near-)perfect SATs/ACTs, and a 5 for all AP Scores, 4.x GPAs, etc. - then itā€™s not unexpected that those studentsā€™ proven ability to grasp academic material and write meaningful papers, have effective time management skills, self-study habits, discipline to self-prep for finals, etc. would carry over to college in many/most cases?

Now, if you select that ā€œgroupā€ into a college class, why would you suddenly expect to see a wide spread of academic performance. If students who were all-As for their entire 4 years of high school, suddenly average around a B+, then I donā€™t see that as evidence of anything nefarious going on.

My daughter works and study hard in classes taught by her Professors at Barnard and Columbia University and with that has been fortunately to maintain her grade levels, but itā€™s not because itā€™s been easy or that the grades were ā€œinflatedā€. In each course, thereā€™ll be students with lesser grades - and there is definitely a sliding scale of GPAs after four years to differentiate students who will now qualify for the 3 different latin honors, and/or were selected for Phi Beta Kappa.

1 Like

If nursing released doesnt that mean every school would?

Where in wolverine access was nursing released

Im a nursing major and my decision isnā€™t there? It still says processing Im worried

I am truly stunned. Itā€™s almost like they deferred because they didnā€™t get to the application. How can you defer an in-state applicant with those stats? Big hugsā€¦stay positive for RD!

6 Likes

itā€™s a holistic review.

1 Like

I was responding to a post that said Michigan was known or well-known for grade inflation. I quickly googled that article and Michigan wasnā€™t in the Top 20. Thatā€™s all I was pointing out.

And yes, my D at Michigan, works her butt off too for her grades and I know plenty of students who have dropped various classes over 4 years, because they were failing them.

And honestly, itā€™s WAY off topic. Let the applicants have their time here now. Weā€™re hoping for a decision release!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a shocker. Hang in there. I would imagine you would eventually be admitted.

Iā€™m not familiar with UM Nursing, but at UT-Austin, Nursing is the most difficult to get into. Arguably harder than CS or Business. Friend last year was denied with crazy good ECs, 1580, NMSF etc and perfect grades. I think that geography has a lot to do with it. Even with the state, they want their nurses to represent a lot of areaā€¦thatā€™s my philosophy at least.

curriculars have to be equally convincing with powerful and impactful essays

1 Like