UMich Fall 2023 Transfer Thread

I think you should definitely give it a shot. Your other credentials are near perfect so I feel like once you address that you’re fine with this in a formal email there’s no reason for them not to accept you

I just send them an email back. I’ll update the forum upon receiving a response!

2 Likes

From last year’s Thread, it seems like decisions mostly come out on Mondays and tuesdays

They said they will not consider an appeal. Oh well

I am sorry you didn’t get accepted. But your already at a great school with great outcomes. Your not going to get a better internship /job by transferring plus Michigan’s basketball team sucks this year and might not even make the round of 64. You have major bragging rights!! :basketball:… Good luck to you and your future. Companies like students that are active on campus and get good grades. Keep doing that.

Rejection around 11.20 today, from a T40 school

I noticed the 60 credit thing…and I can see the thought process. It’s actually ethical of them to encourage you to not throw away those credits & complete your current program. I think you might be short-changing the quality of where you currently attend. It’s a strong school. You sound like an incredibly strong student. Your experience as an undergrad is one stone (albeit a big one) in your foundation towards a career & life ahead. If you choose to pursue grad school down the road - maybe that’s your time to go to UofM. Or perhaps you will discover new opportunities elsewhere. I am sorry you didn’t get the news you wanted – but what you have accomplished in the process suggests it won’t hold you back in the bigger picture.

Applied 1.10
Rejected 1.20
Junior transfer from T50 OOS private college
GPA 3.8/4.0

Wow fast response. For what major?

btw I asked why and they saying that: After conducting a holistic review of your transfer application, it was noted that you would lose a significant number of credits toward your degree as the University of Michigan only accepts up to 60 transferable credits (up to 62 transferable credits if obtaining an associate degree), including any AP/IB or other test credits. Since you are well beyond junior standing due to the number of credits earned at your current institution, it is recommended that you consider the University of Michigan for graduate studies. (SO that’s a credit thing again)

1 Like

Seems like they are sending mixed signals regarding transfer timing. Most of the info they put out discourages students from applying as freshmen, then they reject students for having too many credits. Most junior transfers are going to have more than 60 credits if you include whatever AP credits Michigan accepts. Is the sweet spot a winter transfer sophomore year?

i got rejected in winter also, currently a Sophomore, if we count spring23 and not count AP I got 80cr, if count AP I got around 100 cr so that’s probably why rejection

It definitely feels very ambiguous regarding what they want in terms of credits… I just received my transfer credit report a few days ago and including all my IBs and APs I’m able to transfer just about 60 credits. So maybe they want junior transfers who have roughly 60 transferable credits: not much less than that or they wouldn’t be at junior standing, and not too much or they feel like the applicant would be “delayed” (which makes sense).

Applied Jan 13th LSA ECON
Checklist completed Jan 16th
Freshman at UW-Madison majoring in ECON
39 credits from AP+18 credits completed+18 credits in progress
4.0 college GPA & 3.93/4 high school GPA & strong activities
So nervous and waiting to hear back

2 Likes

Cong!! I am curious does the transfer credit report include classes that you are currently taking this semester? Thanks.

No, because the transcript I sent them did not include classes for this semester

Data Science and Statistics!

Anyone know how to add high school transcript to your application? They haven’t asked for it so far but I’m applying as a sophomore transfer so I think it’d help me.

1 Like

You can use Parchment to submit your high school transcript

I got rejected this afternoon. Very sad about this decision.