UMich Fall 2023 Transfer Thread

Has anyone heard back from the school of engineering yet?

Congratulations! Are you currently a freshman?

Yup

1 Like

When did you apply / complete checklist?

I submitted my app Feb 1st, around 10pm PST. I had already sent in my transcripts, so I believe the checklist was also completed Feb 1st.

Congrats! My son felt vindicated too!

Had an interesting chat with my son’s hs counselor last week - he was a 2022 grad from a private, in-state feeder school. In her experience, she was surprised he was admitted after only one semester, but also had another 2022 student recently admitted - both were waitlisted until the bitter end last year (June 24th). She does not know of any students admitted off the waitlist last year. Can’t help but wonder if that impacted the freshmen transfer admits this year. Will be interesting to see the common data set when it is released - I suspect a high yield and minimal waitlist movement which could be impacting transfer admissions this year. But it’s all a guessing game.

Has anyone heard yet today?

Anyone in January not hear back yet? Or have they moved on to the February applicants?

I applied pretty late… submitted my application on Feb 6 and everything on my checklist says it has been received (application, proof of high school completion, my dual enrollment transcript), but my MSU (currently a freshman) transcript still says “awaiting” even though I received an email saying it has been viewed.
I am in my first year at MSU currently have 37 credits because of high school, so I am a sophomore standing. I will have 51 credits after this semester.

Stats:
3.8 GPA at msu
4.1 GPA in high school
in-state
major: bio LSA
no letters of rec

Do you think I have a chance even though I applied late?

Applied in November and still haven’t heard back, don’t know what to make of this

Seems like you completed your checklist mid-jan, so I wouldn’t worry about it! What college did you apply to?

Yeah I’m thinking that’s the case, I applied to LSA

The deadline was Feb 1st. I don’t think they allow applications to come after that date / consider it.

I emailed them and they said it’ll be space available basis

Ah okay interesting. Has anyone who completed checklist in February heard back yet?

Can someone send a usable link for the discord?

Got accepted into CAS today!
Applied Jan 26th, from CA CC.

3 Likes

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?

1 Like

3.69 GPA
3 letters of recc
out of state, previously applied
61 credits complete

2 Likes