UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

No, they don’t seem to announce in advance.

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

same.

1 Like

So Michigan is going to wait till all schools’ results are out since they say early April. so the benefit would be kids who have gotten other offers and decided not to go Michigan to withdraw their application?

1 Like

We wondered about that, except that students wouldn’t need to withdraw other apps until they actually decide on another school. They probably removed ED2 students from the mix, but I don’t see how they can wait until students make all other possible decisions first since they have until May.

Yeah, I agree. This would only apply to kids who get an offer from a school they absolutely will go.

1 Like

well for my D, that school is Michigan! Very frustrating wait (she was deferred from EA). Still hasn’t heard from her top 3 but has a nice acceptance from Wisconsin. So now she’s researching dorms, joining admitted student chats, etc. She may be a Badger by the time Michigan gets around to releasing.

6 Likes

Congrats on Madison! It is a great school. We didn’t do ea for madison, so have to wait for that as well! Lol.

2 Likes

Congrats. Deferred from EA at both Wisco and Mich so we are waiting… our applicant feels they can’t really focus on any of their accepts until they have all decisions - I can see this going on a long time, depending on if we have waitlists. Thank goodness this is the last kiddo off to college. This has been a bonkers process.

6 Likes

Bonkers for sure. Sorry about the deferrals. Personally we aren’t going to hang any hopes on WLs. My S23 may stay on one WL but I suspect by the first week of April he will have moved on and will be loving whichever school has loved him back that he has decided to commit to. I think WLs are a bit of a joke if you look how many get off them. Not the same at every school though. Good luck with RD.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Our applicant is getting (hopefully, looking at you, Newhouse!) 5 this week and another 5 next week, last notification comes out April 1 so we are in for the long haul.

(Un)fortunately, we know quite a few kids who have gotten off WLs in the past 4 years, so we will commit on May 1 but stay on the WL (if there are any more desirable).

2 Likes

We are also waiting on Newhouse!

RE: WL-- did the people you now get off the WL in April or May? I assumed it would be May.

5 Likes

One in June and one… get this… end of July!

1 Like

Yeah-- we’re not doing that.

BONKERS is right. Unbelievable

3 Likes

I hear you. I was so confused when the bags were essentially packed for school A but then they got the call and on a dime, they were headed to school B. Roller coaster for sure.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. No reason this has to drag on for a year.

3 Likes

Any idea on the decision release date? 24th or 31st?

Do they usually pre-announce the date?

3 Likes

They don’t pre-announce but I dont’ think its this week, normally the portal closes around the Monday b4 decisions but it hasn’t yet

7 Likes

Whoah. That must have been quite the change. I’m impressed that you could pull it off that late.