UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

This is a fact.

I have spoken to several AO’s at Michigan and know one personally from previous years and this is exactly what they say about legacy. That there are over 700,000+ living legacies that they could not possibly consider them all so it has to be a non consideration for admissions.

However, I am sure if you are a LARGE donor or let’s say even an Legacy/Wolverine football player and Ex NFL player your child would definitely be noticed. (There was one last year that this was the case).

4 Likes

Or one of Tom Brady’s kids :rofl:

4 Likes

Haha I was just thinking that though they’re all still too young!

1 Like

Yeah too young but you know his kids will get in.

This player just made the NFL Hall of Fame within the last couple of years.

This kid applied to no other schools the level of Michigan. The rest were 60% and above acceptances. Last minute applied to Michigan, got in undeclared. Father goes to ALOT of the football games and is on the sidelines most of the time.

Kelly Ripa’s son is on the wrestling team and they were Big Ten Champs last year. He was actually recruited by many colleges so maybe that doesn’t count… Lol

1 Like

I think one is a sophmore in HS…so soon lol

3 Likes

Anyone have any idea of the chances at this point for any EA turned RD results waves before 11/24?

I mean March 24.

4 Likes

Does anyone have a clue when RD decisions will be released? Will they come in waves? I know the EOCI is due the 17th. Does that mean to expect a later date?

1 Like

I would expect RD to be around last year’s release, which was Friday, March 25.

5 Likes

Based on recent history, the “waves” are no more. There wasn’t even a “peep” of a “wave” in February.

Now that doesn’t necessarily mean that one of the many smaller schools (SMTD, Nursing, STAMPS, Architecture, etc.) at Michigan won’t “squeak out” separately a few admissions before the end of the month.

ETA: We do know the exact Ross admissions releases though.

1 Like

My daughter said her UM portal stated responses would be early April.

This came up last year too. I don’t have access to a portal, but I’m going to guess that the portal said “by early April.”

8 Likes

That’s what they put in an Instagram comment today—“by” early April.

1 Like

If I had to guess, the last Friday of March. UMich always seems to release their decisions on Friday. So, imo a good prediction would be March 31st.

3 Likes

Saw some people get their decisions their week ago. Does anyone have an idea if it was a special program or something?

(not sure if they committed a week ago or got their decision a week ago however)

1 Like

Theater decisions were released last week.

1 Like

Has anyone received their decisions of College of Engineering?

2 Likes

I only know one OOS student who applied to Engineering and he has not heard yet.

3 Likes

We still don’t know when the results will be out?

3 Likes