UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

Thanks @WGSK88 ! I knew the majority interviewed were instate but I remember being told the number of applicants for the BA/MD program being in the hundreds not thousands. This was just a few application cycles ago when I applied so looks like things have gotten much more competitive as the number of people being interviewed is still roughly the same.

I am a US citizen studying high school outside of US.
am I eligible for BS MD programs or folks have to graduate from US high school?

@saishiva123 You are not eligible based on the information available for admission eligibility (https://med.umkc.edu/bamd/admission-requirements-eligibility/ ==> Under Admissions Eligibility (It states - “Must graduate from a high school or home school program in the United States, from a U.S.-accredited high school, or have obtained their GED.” as one of the eligiblity.

But do write to SOM (medicine@umkc.edu) and check with them. Good Luck.

For those who are already selected for the interview, when do final acceptance decisions to the program come out in March or April? or when have they come out in past years?

@luc2020 - It used to be usually around March 23/24 (Thursday around 4 pm by email before UMKC spring break vacation week.) But last year for class of 2025, it came out very early on Wednesday, March 13 around 4 pm. All decisions go out during this time acceptance/wait listed/denied. Good Luck.

Does anyone know when the interview notification for this program comes out? What specific time?

@an23man - addressed many times about this! Usually Jan 15 - 20 by email and interviews expected as per previous history Feb 10 - 13. That’s the normal expected dates but things can change. Barring any changes, all should hear very soon in 3 to 5 days! To be specific - Last year for class of 2025 it came out around 5:30 pm on Friday, January 18, 2019 with interview dates Feb 11-14, 2019. Good Luck.

i luv this school

not for UMKC but there are a few BS/MD programs that accept international students like PLME.

Hi Everyone,
Looks like interviews are going to be coming out shortly! If you have any questions about the interviews, please feel free to message me. I look forward to meeting some of you!!

Waiting impatiently to get the interview invite…praying for all??

We may not hear anything. The campus is closed. Not sure about Medical School?

Oh no really, hopefully we get to hear by 5.00pm central time today…

@screenshot @sajju786 All closed due to bad weather. Most likely not today. I was told even HSF1 exam today for 2nd year was cancelled and moved to Tuesday!

Maybe they have the emails programmed to come out at a specific time? I have no clue but just trying to be hopeful lol

Out

@UMKCPanda Even though the campus is closed, will the interview decisions come out today? Thanks!

UMKC interviews out, just got an email…

did you get an interview?

@kiduvu…yes