UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

Just got email from UMKC, got admitted from waitlist out-of-state.

7 Likes

Congrats Ganm. Does anyone know if UMKC sends all waitlist decisions on one day or is throughout this week period? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Congrats on your acceptance. I think its time for others to move on with their 2nd choices( if umkc was first). Good luck and God bless all the accepted students with a wonderful experience…to develop your passions in the medical profession …and become the best in service.

3 Likes

Anyone else from the wait list (out of state/ non regional)heard anything And if so, are you planing to accept their invitation?

1 Like

Do you get to know if they have filled all the seats ? How long does it take to hear from them about waitlisted candidates.

2 Likes

Hello. I really don’t know but I would want to think they will keep filling it as people offered admission in the first batch declines. So that should make it on-going

4 Likes

Would moving into the state, not give you instate tuition in the year 2 and onwards?

“Would moving into the state, not give you instate tuition in the year 2 and onwards?”

I Don’t think so. I work in Kansas City Missouri but live in Kansas side. I pay Missouri state income tax but my kids don’t get instate tuition.

Did any one hear back from UMKC waitlist instate

Any news form out of state wait listed?

Hi! I’m a senior in high school debating on applying to the 6 year program at UMKC. Money is a big factor in my case, as tuition for 6 years at the resident level (me) is more than $300,000. A 4+4 for me with the schools I am looking at would be around $200,000. Is getting a MD degree in 6 years be worth $100,000 more in debt? Would the advantages of the program outweigh other things?

Just consider that you can start earning money 2 years early and the extra work of applying to MD program during your undergraduate studies. just my thought

How is six years $100k more than eight years elsewhere?

I could be wrong in some numbers but total cost of attendance for residents seems to be around 350k, regional cost of 440k and 524k for non residents based on the given breakdown. This includes room and board + book supplies of about 115k in both totals.

https://med.umkc.edu/bamd/finance/

Outside of Texas, I dont know where tuition alone for undergrad and medicine together is 200k but is possible in Texas (140k - 12k in undergrad, 22k+ medicine). The living costs are estimated to be 140k (15k for undergrad and 20k for medicine) for 8 years unless the schools are local and one can commute from home. I checked University of Missouri tuition for residents and it is 42.5k per year for medicine (170k for 4 years).

This is not an endorsement for attending UMKC but just a realistic estimate of costs that I am aware of.

test

Hey l was wondering what your stats were like

is there a new thread for this year

1 Like

did anyone hear back from UMKC or know when that will happen

Last year it was 01/25

That is because the UMKC’s 6 year BA/MD program charges a School of Medicine rate per credit hour in Years 1-2 (for all credit hours taken, including even undergraduate courses) for a BA/MD student than what a typical normal undergraduate student entering UMKC is charged.

You can see that here: