SAT2
AP
HS Rank
Essay, Recommendation letters, Interview
ECs
List of BA/BS-MD program that you applied
Others …

Thanks,

Rejected - in-state. Pretty disappointed. Looks like I’ll be attending SLU’s Med Scholars Program.

Rejection letter comes in a standard-size envelope as opposed to an 8 x 11.

I was one of the ones that got waitlisted, and I was pretty disappointed too.

You have to decide by the 30th? Isn’t that pretty quick?

For those of you who are currently in the program: After you were accepted, what sorts of grades did you get your second semester senior year? Will they deny you acceptance if you’ve already been accepted and get Bs and As?

Accepted
Missouri
34 on ACT
Some college classes taken at university
3.8 GPA at private school
No Rank
Really good rec from teacher, 2 recs from UMKC med school grads
Numerous shadowing experiences
Medical volunteering
Lots Non-medical volunteering
Interviews went pretty well as far as I could tell

Didn’t apply to any other combined degree programs

After I was accepted, I still kept up all As. I also had like 6 AP tests, some of which I didn’t do that great on, but really if you just attempt to get by, you probably won’t get your acceptance revoked. Just don’t do anything stupid like fail all your classes or get arrested…etc.

i got on the altenate list… pretty disappointed! does anyone know how many ppl got waitlisted?

Congrats to those of you who got in, they must be sending the acceptances out earlier, because I remember that UMKC was one of the last acceptances I got (maybe because I am out of state). Before you make your decisions, you should really try to think it out, make sure this is what you want. There were plenty of people in my class who decided they did not want to be a doctor, did not want to be here, etc. There are a lot of different factors to consider, like I got into two other combined programs and sometimes I wonder about what that would’ve been like; also, the student life issue is very big, there’s no sports teams (basketball, but that really doesn’t count), and the party scene is lacking, but you’re not really here to party, right? You will have fun here if you want to have fun. I don’t regret coming here, but think it through and make sure this is what you want. And if it is, congrats and see you next year.

Sorry I keep posting, but if you got wait-listed or rejected and you want to contact the school or any other combined program, it would probably be best to wait until after Thursday since everyone is very busy this week with the Scramble and Match.

accepted, still deciding if i should go or not
applied in state
sat score: 2020
ACT: 31
SAT Math I: 710
SAT MAth II: 780
SAT Bio: 650
GPA: 4.0 No rank
Take all college classes

I got my letter yesterday and I got Accepted. I’m instate, and I already faxed them my form and sent in my deposit, so i’ll definitely be there in the fall

How many people get in from instate and out of state?

Hey, I was accepted to UMKC as an out of state applicant. Umm, my ACT was in the 99th percentile, I took a lot of AP classes with a lot of 5s, my SAT 2s were all in the 700s, near 4.0 GPA, and I had a lot of various types of medical experience. If anyone has any questions as an out of state applicant next year, feel free to ask!

To science nerd: from what I know, like 25 percent of the class is composed of the out of state applicants (and 75 percent from in state applicants). Congratulations to everyone who was accepted to UMKC!!

accepted. OOS. not going to attend

did any out of state people with less than 30 ACT get accepted?

hoopaholic, why did you decide not the attend this program?

Forgot to say if I’m attending:
I’m undecided and waiting to hear back from BU and Brown PLME.

i got into VCU/MCV…i just liked the appeal of that place. plus i think 6 yrs is too hectic, but thats just me

gah! waitlisted!

if you got accepted but are not going to attend PLEASE let them know ASAP

darn, i got waitlisted too. I agree with kylek044, please contact them ASAP if you were accepted but you will not go. Everyone of us on the waiting list would like to know before we have to accept other colleges.