UMN Class of 2025 — Regular Decision Release Date: By Mar 31

Seems like UMN doesn’t reject anybody. either Accept or Waitlist
Anybody off wait list yet?

Did anyone who applied RD and got into CLA hear from the honors college yet?

yes i got in

Received an email today, went from waitlist to denied. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Daughter just got in off the waitlist on 4/5, but will be denying her offer, so hopefully that keeps going on down the line to some other grateful student

Did she receive an email or did she have to check the portal?

Ironically, she actually got an email this time (which to my earlier posts/comments was unusual). It was simply titled “U of M Important Update”. I was shocked that the email came and letter was dated the same day.

Interestingly, there is nowhere in the “Application Tracker” portal to decline your offer of admission like other schools. Just a letter with hyperlinks to deposit and commit along with “Gopher Class of 2025 Guide”.

Any idea as to how you decline your offer?

that is very strange… if you don’t mind me asking one more question – around what time did she receive the email?

she received her email yesterday (4/5) at 5:22pm

no clue, at least not electronically in the portal. i guess she’ll have to email admissions

Anybody who waitlisted heard back from UMN?

Anyone heard back today?

D finally got an email from them yesterday saying “we’d love to hear from you” with a series of buttons to click to let them know her plans. She clicked on the “No - I don’t plan to attend U of M”, which brought her to a portal to withdraw her application. Strangely, that option is not available in the application status portal, only to CONFIRM your enrollment. Anyway, I hope that means someone on this list is offered a spot today!

1 Like

Thank you for the update! Do you mind if I ask your daughter’s stats?

Sure… she applied test optional (had the chance for one sitting in February 2020 and wasn’t happy to submit her score - 28 - then the pandemic hit). 3.8 GPA, tons of ECs (was on the junior board of her social service org), and multiple jobs. She also was an intern with a local designer. Interestingly, she applied to College of Design and they don’t accept portfolios (which I think is odd). It definitely differentiated her among her other schools. She’s an extremely talented artist

so weird she got waitlisted with a 3.8 GPA. Thanks for sharing !

that’s what i had to do. my email was from 3/26 ish if that helps

Just checked UMN portal just to check and there was an updated admissions letter dated April 21 taking me off the waitlist and now rejection. So now this is the 2nd application communication of which I did not get an email or letter or anything. I was just going on my waitlist schools just to see… I guess UMN only emails to students they want. Sheesh! :rage:. I don’t care that I’m now rejected but I’ve not been treated like this at any other school. At least send an email.

I’ve said it before (and D got in off waitlist and turned them down), their communications are SORELY lacking, and need to find a new director for that role. Unacceptable that email an doesn’t accompany/preceed a notification of that importance…