UMN Class of 2025 — Regular Decision Release Date: By Mar 31

Is it possible they could be sending it in the mail? Like this is the last week and I know some umn campuses send it in the mail

What are my chances if I got into all the other umn campuses but still waiting on tc?

Are your chances getting worse the later you wait? I applied in October and still waiting a week before the deadline

Applied in October as well and neither of my boys have heard yet. Applied to EDH for Marketing.

I hope not :frowning:

My daughter applied in September, OOS, nursing. She was accepted at Purdue and will likely be attending there so she isn’t super concerned at this point, but I am now very curious! :slight_smile:

To all waiting for news , my daughter got an email at 4:17 PM last Tuesday to check her portal. So you may hear it tomorrow. Good Luck!

When (what time) did her MYU change to “next steps for admitted students?”

I do not know the time it changed, but when she saw it on Monday(1/18) afternoon around 2:00 PM. she saw the Next Steps… on MyU.

Thank you!

2 Likes

i got into cla but waitlisted for the other two schools I applied to

I got in yesterday at 4:20!! Like @Momof0ne when I went on myu earlier that day it said “next steps for admitted students” and then at the bottom it said something like “congratulations on being admitted to the University of Minnesota”. Then later I got the “update in your portal” email confirming I got in when I logged into my tracker!
Applied: EA/ on november 1
gpa: 3.5
major: speech language hearing sciences/college of liberal arts
good essays, extracurriculars, and letter of recs
out of state

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Did anyone else revive a email to update their grades? Is that good or bad?

Yes, my daughter got that email, and when she went into the portal to update, there was a status update with a deferral. She applied to only two schools without a test score - U of MN and Case Western, as she was on the border at both - both schools deferred her. I am sure they (most schools) are really struggling with how to compare these kids with high GPAs but no test scores.

Son also got deferral today test optional. We applied test optional to all schools except in Florida where they are still required and has been accepted to Pitt and Penn State

Congrats - some awesome choices! My daughter was accepted to Purdue and UTK (but she sent her scores to both) so she is pretty set between those two choices for now. I’m glad she had some solid acceptances prior to these deferrals coming out - it really rains on the parade.

I’m kind of disappointed. My daughter was deferred to CDES (Graphic Design), but it appears the letter was dated 1/21 in the portal, but no email was sent/received so it’s been out there for days… In addition, it seems strange that the school doesn’t accept/review a portfolio as part of the admissions process. For such a strong design program (and one that has such focused tracks in design – graphic, industrial, product, etc), you’d think they’d want to take a look at those students works even though they need to go through formal portfolio review at the end of freshman year. Are there any other applicants in CDES who have had a different experience?

Ours is dated 1/21 as well. I know that we’ve checked the portal between 1/21 and today and that update wasn’t made visible until a couple hours ago. My daughter also received an email asking her to update her SRAR, but no mention of a status update or deferral in that email. She didn’t find out until she logged into the portal to update. It sat weird with me too as we both thought it was strange that they’d be asking for an updated transcript so close to the decision release.

Anyone else still waiting? We have heard nothing. Very surprised as GPA, ACT etc. are all well within the range of this year’s freshman class for the college they applied to.