UNC Greensboro VS UNC Wilmington

<p>So i've narrowed my choices down to these two schools:</p>

<p>I need help deciding which school to attend...I have been accepted to both, UNC Greensboro is within driving distance (about 40 minutes) from my home BUT I am interested in living on campus since it is time I feel for me to get out of the house. I want to major in Media/Film studies which both schools have (although I have heard Wilmingtons is slightly better) and potentially double major or minor in either Business or Marketing.</p>

<p>I am conflicted though as originally I had thought I wanted to be a history/education major/minor, but my true passion is film torn between film and history and I have heard that UNCGs education major is superior to Wilmington</p>

<p>UNC Wilmington I would definitely have to live on campus due to the travel distance (3 hours) and I know I would love the area. Plus being away from home would give me the chance to grow and develop personally.</p>

<p>I posted this on the UNCW board too just to make sure I can get a blend of opinion...</p>

<p>Thanks for any help</p>

<p>UNCG is a great school in a lot of ways, but for what you’re looking for, I recommend choosing Wilmington. </p>

<p>First of all, don’t underestimate how living in the same area will influence your excitement about college, even if you do live on campus. I always think, unless there’s extenuating health/disability or financial circumstances, going further away for college will lead to a better experience.</p>

<p>And secondly, the UNCW film program is not slightly better, it’s one of the best in the country, and something that has gained the school recognition outside of North Carolina. UNCG has a good program, but it just doesn’t stack up. </p>

<p>It is true that UNCG is better for education, so my suggestion is: While you are planning to study film, go to Wilmington, and if you decide that you want to switch back to education then you can consider transferring to UNCG, which shouldn’t be difficult if you’ve made good grades.</p>