undergraduate nursing programs

<p>If you could attend the very best undergraduate program where would it be? If you could get in anywhere you wanted. And why would you say it is the best ever?</p>

<p>The “best” program will be different for everyone. Things to consider include: cost, location, and social fit.</p>

<p>Let’s say the sky is the limit, putting cost and location aside. I realize there are many factors. Would it be U of Washington? Michigan? Penn? or ???</p>

<p>Location is very important. Even if my D could get in to any of the 3 schools mentioned, she probably would have no interest because of their locations.</p>

<p>Where a student hopes to live and work after college will be important, as will their field of choice. All nursing occupations are not equal.</p>

<p>Different criteria for determining the “best” nursing programs are very subjective. You can look at # of clinical hours, Standardized testing pass rates, etc. Ultimately it comes down to individual choice.</p>

<p>I would love to go to U Penn (it’s my first choice for grad school). It’s got top ratings, top facilities, and it’s in Philly!</p>

<p>Haha! Being in Philly would definitely be a bad thing in my D’s eyes! So it really is a personal thing! But, NCLEX pass rates are very important!</p>

<p>I love Philly! If Temple’s program had been direct entry last year, I would be there now!</p>

<p>Although Penn’s campus is definitely in Philly, it has an urban island feel to it. Like Central Park in NYC…just my opinion.</p>

<p>The person I know at Boston College’s nursing school says it’s her absolute #1 choice.</p>