University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

It never hurts to try, my daughter received a couple of academic awards after acceptance so called and asked, they politely declined. This was before Covid and test scores were a big part the formula.

My daughter applied regular decision and was accepted in late January. She received a $17k/year trustee scholarship but is still waiting on an honors college decision. Her portal says she will hear by April, but Iā€™m wondering if anyone knows if this decision could possibly come sooner.

I know UDel does rolling admissions, so does anyone know how long it takes to hear back? I finished my application in late January

Iā€™m guessing the answer is highly variableā€¦still waiting on a decision with an application that was complete one day after the EA deadline! Per admissions rep, only guarantee is a response by April.
Good luck!

Regular admissions deadline was January 15. Regular decisions are determined by April. Are you saying you applied beyond this date?

Application completed (in its entirety) November 16th

My son was just accepted after being deferred from EA. He submitted his mid-term grades on January 17th and heard that he got in with his requested major on March 13th at 5pm. Good luck to all of you still waiting. I know itā€™s tough.

4 Likes

Went to Decision Day and it was great! Highly recommend. Committed! :slight_smile: Anyone else go and commit?

3 Likes

Decision Day was great!! We had the best time!

2 Likes

Was decision day very different than visiting on one of the pre-admission Blue and Golden days?

2 Likes

We went and it was awesome. Son committed! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

Both were quite festive but Decision Day seemed much more so. Some of the sessions were different too since this is only for admitted students. Instead of an information session like ā€œNavigating College Admissionsā€ at Blue and Golden, Decision Day had ā€œResidence Life and Housingā€ and ā€œStudent Financial Services Meet and Greet.ā€ There were mock ups of a residence hall set up in Perkins and many more student groups at the tables in Trabant. We deposited there in Trabant and got to spin a prize wheel after doing so. Kiddo got blue hen socks. LOL. We got pictures at the deposit station with UD Here I come backgrounds and a few pics with YouDee who was walking around. I think the energy was better too since its full of admitted kids and many who are there to decide and commit in person. Happy to answer any other questions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! This is great information. Do you happen to know if there were specific honors college sessions for students who were admitted to the HC?

Hmm. I only see under academic information sessions ā€œquestions about your major and the academic program that coincides with your offer of admission.ā€ Iā€™d reach out to your admission rep.

Yes, there was an HC session.

2 Likes

i donā€™t think test scores are everything when it comes to merit! i had a 32 act and was given a full ride (dupont scholarship) after attending distinguished scholars. i also had a 4.0 UW and rigorous course load. your essay is super important, during my discho interview, my interviewers cited parts my essay they found interesting and asked me to talk them. hope this can be helpful to future applicants!

I agree. My son received both the Dupont and Pittā€™s Chancellors scholarships 2 years ago. During both interviews they talked heavily about his essays. Future applicants should think really hard about and write thoughtful creative essays.

1 Like

absolutely!

1 Like