University of Arizona Class of 2025

in the next step center it asked about living in a community but did not see Honors as a choice

1 Like

Can you tell me how you went about paying the housing deposit? Had you already accepted to the school or can you do it without accepting your spot? Do you have to create a net Id? Thank you for your help. My daughter was accepted for honors college in December and I didnā€™t realize we might need to do this just in case she goes.

We went through the Next Steps Center. I also heard you can go through the university housing page, but I am not sure. Your DD needs to get a NetID and log into the Next Steps. There are all kinds of links and directions on how to do things. You can submit a housing application and pay the non-refundable housing deposit, submit forms like a birth certificate for verification, etcā€¦ all without paying your enrollment deposit.

Thank you. So getting the net ID STARTED Doesnā€™t commit her to the school, correct?

No, only paying the enrollment deposit commits you to the school. You can pay housing deposits at several schools to hold your students spot in line, some schools make it refundable, other not

2 Likes

My son paid the housing deposit and said there were no choice options available yet. That is strange that some are getting screens to rank dormsā€¦

Thanks! I paid the housing deposit there was no where specific to indicate honors village but I guess that will happen later. Do you think yours is going to u of a? We booked a trip to go visit in February .

1 Like

We did not have an option either. We are unsure if DD will be going, right now it is at the top, but she is waiting on 7 more decisions, including her top choice, where she was deferred in EA. Financially, I donā€™t think it will be beaten. She did get swag for Christmas.

2 Likes

What is her intended major?. It isnā€™t my daughters top choice we are still waiting to hear from them! But itā€™s hard to compete with the merit money at Arizona!

2 Likes

Psychology

We booked a trip to go look- are you out of state? What major? Were you able to get a tour of honors village or go in buildings?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. Yes we flew from VA in December. Went inside some buildings with the daughter of a friend who is a student there. :slight_smile:

Did anyone hear back from the Honors College??

1 Like

we heard way back in November/December

ooh okay, you must be referring to the early application. today was supposed to be the decision date for regular decision.

1 Like

My daughter has a portal update that says an honors decision was made but not what the decision is. No email in cat mail yet.

D received a congratulatory email this morning welcoming her to the Honors College.

1 Like

Congratulations to your D! I also just received the email informing me that Iā€™ve made it to the Honors College.

2 Likes

Congrats to you, too! So is Arizona your first choice?

Itā€™s definitely one of my top choices, but Iā€™m waiting for a few other decisions too

1 Like