University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

So, if I understand this correctly, these stats represent the Freshman profile including the students that were admitted into Pace, State College partnership programs and summer enrollment. If so, are there stats for just those students who were direct admits into Fall semester on-campus?

My guess is that this is fall or summer/fall only.

There are no school sponsored shuttles to any of the airports (GNV, JAX air MCO). GNV airport is close - like 15 minute drive to campus. $20 Uber.

My understanding is that the published freshman profiles are for Fall admits only.

Update: I could very well be mistaken.

@Melissa96 Could you please confirm if the Admitted Student Profile (Mid 50 GPA 4.4-4.6 / Mid 50 SAT 1340-1490 / Mid 50 ACT 29-33) is for Fall admits only, Summer/Fall, or Summer/Fall/PACE, etc? Thanks!

Pushing dual enrollment in HS (faster college graduation) and offering many online courses (lower cost) are smart ways to improve US News rankings.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this has been said, can’t scroll through all of the notes… but my son sent me something this morning that said 65,000 people applied and only 6500 got in. 10% acceptance rate is crazy

Per their latest Common Data Set 2020-2021:
48,193 applied
15,002 accepted
6,301 enrolled full-time
32 enrolled part-time

I think the 6,500 they mention is the expected number of students who will actually enroll.

3 Likes

More than 6,500 got in. 6,500 will be the number that actually attend. I believe the yield at UF is around 47% so probably about 14,000 were accepted.

4 Likes

Ah ok… seemed very low… article was confusing especially for first thing Monday morning

1 Like

I really wonder what it takes to get the OOS tuition waiver at UF. I’d really need it as I am broke and I’m an international student. I finally got into my dream school (UF:) and it’s sucks that now I have to think about money.

1 Like

Don’t lose hope! Wishing you luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Did you check to see International Aid b4 you applied? An intl student needing aid - UF probably not a good school to apply to.

The school doesn’t give aid to international students - at least not through the normal scholarships. Also, I could be wrong but I don’t believe UF offers OOS waivers - just FSU.

Students in the U.S. on an F1, F2, J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, or a G-series visa are not eligible to receive federal aid administered by UF Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (SFA). International students, however, may be eligible for private or college-awarded scholarships administered by agencies other than our office.

UF does give OOS waiver. For context, " The Office of Admissions will consider admitted international freshmen for one of our out-of-state tuition waivers. The International Student Services division of the UF International Center has additional resources and contact information online: https://internationalcenter.ufl.edu. Phone: (352) 392-5323 ."

OK - so are ahead of me - good. I don’t think I’ve seen one for domestic. I took the paragraph I copied about no intl aid from the website. They must have multiple portals, etc. So apologies for that.

You’re ahead of me. I wish you good luck and hope it comes through for you.

Its fall admits only

How do you know for sure? In another thread Melissa indicated they do not break out stats for PaCE, so one would assume these stats cover the full bandwidth of accepted students.

I was just curious. My daughter was accepted into Fall 2022, so we are good.

Thanks

I would disagree with this - the title of the article says most affordable - but these are not the most affordable. These were chosen based on their criteria which I’ve listed below There are many less expensive - i.e. affordable schools in the US for international students than these. Not saying the list isn’t great - just saying their title is incorrect and they cut off the bulk of schools from inclusion. There are several schools in the US that meet 100% of need even for international students. Depending on a students financial situation - and overall application strength, these schools would be more affordable - Amherst, Princeton and a few more- at last count as they meet need even for international students…

Here is their criteria:

This list of universities in the U.S. highlights the cheapest colleges for international students based on tuition data from 2020-2021. The estimated tuition and fees for international students of each of the following affordable universities below total less than $35,000.

We considered both cost and quality of education when creating this list. This list showcases universities that were featured in one or more of the following well-known rankings of best U.S. universities:

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much and I really like the idea of trying nearby airports:)