University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

No, those numbers are for all programs, Summer/FAll/PaCE etc.

It was an incredibly difficult year to be admitted.

3 Likes

Wow, it was indeed! And getting more and more competitive with each passing year.

wow. thanks for sharing!

UF has two waves of acceptances: February for those who applied by Nov 1 and in late March for the rest. The 6500 is for the early applicants and there will likely be another 7500 accepted in March. Most likely they will stay close to the 14000 total accepted, which would equate to a 22% overall acceptance rate. Thatā€™s still incredibly selective.

No, we admitted pretty much everyone already - round 2 is space available decisions. There isnā€™t likely to be space available.

2 Likes

So final numbers in ballpark: 65k applicants; 15k acceptances (23%)?
Yield of 50%ā€¦7,500 incoming class?

According to the last published Common Data Set (for Fall 2020), there were 15,002 admitted and 6,301 enrolled. So that was a yield of 42% - which is crazy high - but likely due to the cost competitiveness in-state - i.e. even if you get into Harvard, you have a hard time leaving the state.

No clue what 2021 was - or what 2022 will be - but probably in that range Iā€™d assume.

Melissa - is there a breakdown of acceptance b/w summer, innovation, pace, fall start for incoming freshman? Apologies if the categories are not correct UF is new to us. Additionally insight into In-State vs Out of State. Thanks!

I havenā€™t seen any of the categories broken down yet. We review in state out of state without knowing the residency situation so they should be the same.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always thought this from the ā€œmythsā€ page - so you have confirmed that (state doesnā€™t matter) but the common data set does show state of residence as considered.

So they are opposite one another - it would be great to have them equal. If state doesnā€™t matter, have them list state of residence as non considered.

Thanks

The UF stats could also go down. These stats are released every year and this year I believe they are as close as they have maybe ever been which is why I offered the comparison. The point was for those who may be tied up with the rankings like myself. We thought the UF campus was kind of dumpy and that in general, UF is overrated. Itā€™s not UMich no matter what the rankings say. Maybe some day. Outside of Florida it doesnā€™t have the respect. We are trying to figure out if it would really make a difference in the long run looking ahead to med school applications. My daughter has full COA to both UF and FSU and can go to UMiami for $25 per year. Iā€™m definitely looking for contrary opinions because she thinks all three are good choices in the ā€œaffordableā€ category. She is hoping to be accepted to Princeton but that is a long shot and decisions come out in Aprilā€¦.and then there is the cost.

Agree

Is there a uf parents group on facebook?

I think this number may not include transfer applicants and they still take applications after the Nov deadline so 10% is likely not accurate.

I donā€™t see one for Class of 2026 yet.

https://welcome.ufl.edu/families/family-facebook-groups/

2 Likes

@Melissa96 we are heart broken here, my daughter was rejected, she has 3.9 UW GPA, 1520 SAT, swimming, work, mock trial and some more extracurriculars. I see kids accepted with much lower grades. What can we do? is appealing something you would advise? Thank you!

Iā€™m sorry, thatā€™s so hard. So many times I talked to parents today and the numbers that students had was a shock.

Appeals are for students who have new and compelling information that we did not previously have. The admissions committee is made up of faculty from across campus. They look at the application, the studentā€™s reason for appealing and decide if they are going to overturn the decision admissions made. Since an appeal is an exception the most likely outcome is going to be a no. Iā€™ve had some folks tell me they cannot get another no so Iā€™ll tell them appeal is not going to be a good avenue for them. If your daughter is okay with getting another no and has a reason other than- but Iā€™ve always wanted to attend UF, then she can give it a go, so to speak.

Please post a link to the ranking you reference that has UF equal to, or higher than, Michigan.

I look forward to your prompt response.

1 Like

For pre-med I would go someplace where she can be an academic standout, not a school where sheā€™s competing with students who by and large are as smart as she is or smarter. (I only say this from watching so many ā€˜top studentsā€™ watch the medical dream crash and burn when the weedout classes overwhelm them and they end up with a ā€˜Cā€™ when theyā€™re used to Aā€™s.) Medical school cares FAR more about your GPA than the name of your college/university.

4 Likes

My daughter is a junior and pre med. I would disagree with this. I think its an excellent premed school.

Florida is excellent too. The university is a top 75 premed program with research opportunities , is home to the Medical Honors Program, a 7 year BS/MD program open to students in their sophomore year. Pre-Health Services are offered to all students interested in the medical field.