University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Class of 2027 Official Thread

sibling accepted CS OOS!!!

Son accepted, OOS, Mechanical Engineering
3.95 UW, ACT 35, competitive private high school with no AP classes offered, self-studied and took AP physics 1, scored 4.
It was nice to see it after winning a soccer game against a long time rival school today.
Best wishes!

2 Likes

Awesome! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats to all who got accepted yesterday! For S23, the wait is going to be a bit longer with deferral yesterday - OOS CS (Grainger) 4.0 UW, 1580 (one sitting), NMSF, 11 APs (all 5s except one 4 on 7 APs completed, 4 in progress), highest rigor in school, and strong ECs/club leaderships and other honors in math/cs. UIUC doesn’t seem to accept any LOCI, so wondering how the deferred pool gets reviewed in the RD round.

1 Like

I got deferred Grainger CS - 1550+ SAT, 3.9+ GPA, 15+ APs and a few olympiad awards/research/humanities ECs. Kept vague to avoid dox

Got accepted to Grainger Computer Engineering. OOS, 34 ACT 3.96 UW, 4.5 W, 9 APs including Physics C, and also taken Calc 3. Solid leadership-based extracurriculars. Surprised to be accepted after denial from Purdue and deferral from Michigan.

5 Likes

DS accepted and we are so stoked, grateful and excited!
OOS Grainger
Computer Engineering Major
GPA 3.927 (U). 4.325 (W) 10 APs
Advanced Percussion, Piano Level10, Robotics
Rejected CMU, USC Deferred

Congrats to all Illini’s and keep your spirit high everyone as we navigate the rest of the two months together.

5 Likes

ACT Score 34

DD Denied. Attended 2 different HS; transcript sent to admissions was wrong; missing 2 semesters of a class (received A’s) and mistakenly called Honors French III (Grade also an A), World Language so it appears 3 yrs of a language was not taken and NO Honors credit either. Is this a case for an appeal? Hearing all the declines, wondering if 1440 SAT with a 4.4 WGPA and 5 AP classes would be admitted to ACES or even DGS?

Transcripts aren’t sent to UIUC, the student enters all the courses and grades themselves in the SRAR. If the transcripts the student had when entering the courses and grades were incorrect, then yes, that is a reason for appeal. Is this the case?

If so, your student should call admissions to talk about an appeal, per the appeal FAQS. The student may not necessarily have to change their targeted majors in this case, so ask that when they call.

Last year, ACES’ acceptance rate was lower than a number of other schools. DGS may make sense only for an in-state student… your student should ask that when they call. Good luck.

1 Like

A bit shock to realize the university just updated OOS cost of attendance.

1 Like

Increase was 2.5% or less, lower than inflation and lower than increases at many other universities. Also, by state law, UIUC locks your tuition and university-owned housing and meal plan costs at the same rate of your first semester. So, in many cases, tuition, room and board will not increase over your 4 years of attendance. With 7% or higher inflation compounded over 4 years, that is a cost savings to factor in when comparing 4-year net cost of attendance to other schools.

https://www.uaps.uillinois.edu/student_programs/guaranteed_tuition/

https://housing.illinois.edu/Cost

6 Likes

Very Helpful illinoisx3 on the costs. Thank You

2 Likes

My gpa has gone up so I was wondering how to report mid year grades as I have already completed SRAR

I have applied regular decision. My gpa has gone up so I was wondering how to report mid year grades as I have already completed SRAR

1 Like

I don’t see on their website where they allow you to provide mid-year grades. You might email or call admissions and ask if they accept mid year grades and if so, would consider them.

I’m guessing not but it wouldn’t hurt you to inquire.

Let us know what you find out.

Thank you for your help. In-state, DD’s advisor uploaded transcript to common app missing 1 class (2 semesters); put a note on app stating no honors credits given on transcript for 2 honors courses transferred vs correcting transcript. WGPA/ GPA & classes listed on school’s official transcript did not match DD self-reported due to both errors. DD will call about appeal with corrected transcript & ask about reconsidering major. Why so many applicants over past 2 years? OOS? or OOC?

1 Like

According to this article, they just started accepting Common App. That seems to be a reason many schools get more apps. Easier application = why the heck not!!!

UI acceptance rate drops to lowest on record as number of applicants rises - The Daily Illini

I’m not sure I understand this, there’s no way for a counselor to upload a transcript to a student’s common app.

UIUC won’t look at a transcript sent to them by a GC, they only look at what the student enters into the MyIllini SRAR. (They will make sure the student loaded everything correctly for the first 6 semesters against the final transcript if the student enrolls).

So, right now, it sounds to me as there is no mistake if what your D has entered is correct, because that is all UIUC has seen.

What two majors did she apply to?

And yes, apps were up quite a lot last year, and again this year, due to UIUC going on common app.

ETA: for schools where the GC has to send official transcripts, if the note they are sending along with that is accurate, your D should be ok for that set of schools. Why can’t the GC/HS just fix the transcript?

1 Like

UIUC does not look at mid-year grades for any applicant.

4 Likes