University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Class of 2027 Official Thread

I submitted my 1580 SAT last year for admissions

I was admitted to the Computer Engineering major within the Grainger College of Engineering as an OOS applicant.

I don’t think UIUC sent theirs in January last year, maybe my memory is wrong but they were delayed a little bit.

They did stick to their decision day; admits were sent first, then waitlists a few minutes later, then rejections a few minutes to a few hours later.

Decisions were sent out in waves.

Source: Last year my friends and I opened our UIUC decision letters together.

1 Like

I am pretty sure the poster was inquiring about lower bounds that are deemed acceptable to submit. I doubt anyone with a 1580 score is wondering whether to submit the score.

2 Likes

They stick to their date. The portals will be updated in the late afternoon I think around 4p?

According to their admissions site, the notifications for EA are January 27 whereas regular decision is March 3.

3 Likes

Did everyone get that random “in case you need a little laugh” email? I found it weird as my parents were also recipients of that email lol

13 Likes

Can decisions be released earlier than January 26?

hi. as decisions are getting closer im getting really really paranoid and nervous that i wont even get into any schools, not just illinois.

i applied as a comp sci + econ major, and i know that uiuc has one of the best comp sci programs with like a 6 percent ar.

did anyone else apply as a cs + x major, and does anyone else know the acceptence rates for these? just trying to get a sense.

**all cs + x courses are through the college of arts and scienes or others depending on the “x” in cs + x.

good luck to all !

CS + X majors had an aggregate 25.4% acceptance rate for Class of 2026. UIUC doesn’t give us the acceptance rate of each of those 12 majors.

What did you choose for your second major?

i didnt end up applying to a second major cus i wanted to get the ea app in, and kinda ran out of some time. but i believe my essays were really solid regarding both econ and comp sci. I’m praying but I really don’t think im gonna get in

We applied for CS as first choice. But are SAT optional so not sure we’ll get in.

does test optional not put u at any disadvantage? or idk

Does anyone know if there’s a common practice of deferring applicants to RD (like Michigan and maybe Wisconsin)? Or on decision day, applicants will only get accepted, denied, or waitlisted?

Yes!

I don’t know how common it is, but UIUC will defer candidates to regular admission if they want more time to determine what their entire candidate pool looks like.

Doesn’t UIUC self report grades so they don’t even request senior grades- I would think they would do more accept and reject but not sure?

This forum seems so quiet, given results come out this week :slight_smile: Any portal astrologies from the past for UIUC?

9 Likes

It really has been quiet. I suspect that it will heat up as Friday approaches. That was the case with the Purdue board as 1/13 approached. My daughter has applied to Gies, and this is really the last direct entry program that she is waiting to hear from. So far, she has gotten direct entry into IU (Kelly), Minnesota (Carlson), Purdue (Krannert) and Ohio State. We are in-state, so DA into Gies would be terrific. That said, I feel like this will be the most difficult one to get into, and I would not be suprised if she was deferred, waitlisted or denied completely. I think the acceptance rate last year was something like 27% into Gies. So…that’s our story. Now we wait just a bit longer.

Do we know what time the decision starts coming in on Friday?

From prior years, it looks like 4pm Central time.

5 Likes