University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Class of 2027 Official Thread

I’m anxiously looking forward to Friday also. My son applied for CS (Grainger). Accepted at Iowa St and Purdue for CS already, but it would be really nice to get in-state pricing. It’s going to be tough but hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone waiting for positive results.

2 Likes

DD applied to Liberal Arts & Sciences (English), I believe it has a roughly 50% admit rate, and a pretty good job in their English program. Pre Law track.

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Anyone get a letter from the admissions dean tonight to come visit the campus this spring? I’m sure it’s stock, but would be a pretty cruel email :joy:.

Greetings from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign!

I’m writing today to personally invite you and your family to visit us this spring.

We host a program called [The UIUC Experience & Campus Tour] most weekdays, as well as on select Saturdays. This immersive view into life on campus is around two-and-a-half hours in length and includes a student-life presentation, student Q&A, and tour.

1 Like

nope. didn’t receive it :frowning:

Yes. Got it today.

1 Like

Seems like a form email so I’m sure it doesn’t mean anything, the timing is just odd is all.

2 Likes

i hope so though i kinda doubt it. it’s probably a likely letter of some sort…i did apply for cs in grainger :confused:

Looks like 27th is a big day! UIUC, Wisconsin-Madison, UMD and GeorgiaTech EA results will likely be out that day

4 Likes

Good luck to your daughter!! I do hope she gets in

2 Likes

did u apply ea or rd?

Early Admission

1 Like

We did not receive this email. It could well be a leading indicator of acceptance, and the inverse could also be true. It could also mean nothing at all. There was someone who posted on Reddit that their portal had changed to include something to the effect of “accept your offer of admission and manage your next steps for enrollment.” I cannot verify whether this is real or not…it was one post on Reddit by one person. I have not seen others verify the portal change.

1 Like

When you login under future students it states “access your application, accept your offer of admission, and manage your next steps of enrollment”- it has always been there. It’s just stating the options that will be available for you to do in the portal. It is not a sign of admissions.

1 Like

Didn’t get this email here but in-state and already went on this exact tour junior year, so who knows! Guess we’ll find out Friday!

2 Likes

Yes - my DS received it.

Well there you go. It’s an indicator of nothing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I guess it’s nothing, the timing right before decisions is odd. Between this and the stay calm email it’s clear they need some help in communicating with applicants.

1 Like

The email may still be an indicator - have no clue about the email.

I have twins- both applied to UIUC. I only got one email, wonder if that means only one got accepted. We will see…

Is that from an admissions dean for a specific college? My D23 did not receive it and is an applicant to education.