University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Class of 2027 Official Thread

Is this direct admit to Gies? Thank you!

Denied, Engineering. OOS

Welp, a bit of a mixed bag for my daughter. She was admitted to her second choice major, but did not get direct entry into Gies. She got direct entry at Kelley, Carlson, Krannert and OSU, so I suspect she will not consider Illinois any longer. Congrats to all those who got acceptances today!

5 Likes

accepted oos biochemistry

Got in aero
all a stars
international
relevant ec’s (a lot of them)

1 Like

Kelley is fabulous! Congrats to her.

1 Like

Does appealing helps? May be not mentioning a second choice major had a negative impact other my stats were good, 150 SAT, 3,92 GPA, 12 APS with good scores.

1 Like

accepted in-state elementary education

2 Likes

Son deferred for engineering OOS. Decision to be released March 3 it says.

3 Likes

Sibling OOS accepted CS, ACT 32, 4 APs, 12 dual enrollment courses, Georgia Tech DE distance math program for linear algebra and calculus. No competition awards or academic extra currics but has work experience and played a sport. Super proud of her! Got deferred from purdue but accepted to GT in-state.

1 Like

Accepted! OOS for Geis Business!

3 Likes

OOS, denied for Mathematics and CS, 1590 SAT, 4.0 UW. Second choice was mathematics.

Accepted at Michigan so it’s been a rollercoaster of a day!

3 Likes

yeah I’m in!!!

1 Like

Would you be able to share your stats?TIA.

1 Like

Hi all, just not sure is this direct admit to Gies? Any help? Thank you!

1 Like

Congratulations! My son was accepted at Purdue for engineering and Georgia Tech in state but deferred at Illinois. Admissions are so unpredictable!

4 Likes

I applied OOS to CS as my first choice but got accepted to my second choice major. Is there any chance I can get moved into my first choice (CS)?

Thank you! She really does have some great options. Illinois is our state flagship school, so this would have saved us a buck or two, but alas. Onward and upward!

1 Like

what was your second choice

It says Gies College of Business, so it looks like yes.

2 Likes