University of Iowa SSTP 2018

Thanks!. Food and city is where Boston Rise beats Iowa I guess :slight_smile:

@RedMan108 I’m waiting for RISE as well, but as it seems I got quite a decent project for SSTP, I’m most likely gonna attend

@vxia12371 Thanks for your reply! Just curious why we would need 2 sets of semi-formal clothes and not just one

@deblob well some of us just brought one and you could technically bring one, but I would suggest wearing one for the banquet (the poster session that is judged) and the other for the last day (the poster session open to the public)

Did any of the alternates hear anything yet?

How prestigious is SSTP? thinking to apply next year, how do you rank SSTP , RISE , ASSIP of GMU and Garcia?

@HorseRun It depends what you’re studying too. I’ve never heard of ASSIP but it seems pretty prestigious. So I’d probably rank that first, and then it’s Garcia (~15% acceptance rate), SSTP (~10-12% acceptance rate), and then RISE (assuming it’s internship, which is around 15%). But generally, I think SSTP is pretty prestigious

Thanks @vxia12371 Assip is an Internship at GMU . Do you know where SSTP graduates usually go for college
?

@HorseRun yeah that’s what I found online too haha. And since I attended last year, we certainly haven’t figured out everyone yet, but for ED someone is going for Cornell ED, someone is going for Duke ED, and 2 people are going for Rice ED so far. And for regular admission, people are going to Emory, Boston University, and Northwestern so far

Thank you, you are great @vxia12371

@HorseRun haha thank you! I’m glad I could help :slight_smile:

hi friends, i also attended SSTP last year, ask away!

Any facebook for SSTP IOWA 2018 class, if not, perhaps create one?

what are the classes like for SSTP? and what is the daily schedule like? i know they have a basic schedule on their website but can someone who has attended SSTP before elaborate and provide more detail? thanks

@testtest123123 I remember we had a presentation/seminar one day of the week where someone who works at the university would present about what they do. Another day of the week we had a class with the director (Dr. Ihrig) and we had only a few assignments. Most of it was about writing research papers I believe. Another day of the week we would have calligraphy and improv class. But on the weekdays we’d always start off with like 6 hours at our labs.

Has anyone received any mail from sstp since the acceptance letter

how much money do you need to bring for sstp?

I am admitted this year in Dr. Musselman’s group. Are students required to participate in activities during weekday evenings and weekends, if there are any? Also, how many international students are admitted this year (I am from Hefei, China)? Thanks

I’m in the program right now for 2018. They said this year they had 247 apply and 46 are in it right now. This percent won’t be exact because some people might give up their acceptance for another program, but according to these numbers it’s a 18.6% rate.

Im at the program rn too and they said 500…

what’s ur name. i know everyone here