University of Miami 2021 Early Action Thread

Can someone explain why they would waitlist someone EA and not just defer? Thanks.

Accepted 1910 SAT 3.92 weighted GPA w/ presidential scholarship

Do you only send the scholarship agreement back when/if you commit?

Accepted!

wow, is it just me or does it sound like they’re getting much more selective. All of my friends got either deferred or waitlisted.

Also it says I got 14k, 7 a semester, is that for all 4 years?

This seems quite odd - looking at posts here with waitlisted people with much higher GPAs/stats. Looks like it was a lot holistic this year.

I also received a scholarship from the University of Miami and didn’t finish my financial aid. Just throwing that out there for those that think you have to have your financial aid completed to receive a scholarship.

ACT: 33, top 4% of class, 10+ AP’s, 3.9 UW, accepted with 18k in merit from President’s Scholarship

Accepted from North Carolina!
30 ACT, 4.0UW GPA, 4.87W GPA

Waiting on Chapel Hill tomorrow lol.

Pending you keep the minimum GPA and hours, yes @ChancetheGuesser

I got a $14k scholarship but I forgot to do IDOC so they sent me an email saying I have to do it before I can see my financial aid. Will I get less because I’m only doing it now?

I got a 22k scholarship but I am an international student so I am not eligible for financial aid. Is it possible for me appeal for a higher scholarship if I submit higher test scores or something??

@adp106 Used to live in NC and got accepted into UMiami, and I’m still waiting on chapel hill too lol

Where did you see the scholarships? I got accepted, but I have not yet received an email for admission or aid.

@uditjain I got the same amount but I didnt even apply for financial aid. I didnt do idoc or anything else.

22k scholarship
30 ACT; 1410 new sat; 93.5 weighted GPA; 7 APs (5,5,4) ; 790 US History sat subject test, 750 World history sat subject test

from Massachusetts

@oliver98 in a separate email. You should get it soon.

so If we received the invitation to the Stamps Scholarship weekend but also got awarded the presidential scholarship, does that mean that the stamps/ singer scholarship is out of the question?

@ChancetheGuesser I see. Do you know if we can appeal for more scholarships? Are you international?