University of Miami 2021 Early Action Thread

Accepted!! Congrats to everyone how exciting (: (:

If you accept the waitlist offer, is it binding you to attend UM if a spot opens up?

@wpk321 I got an email saying I get to send in a few now financial aid forms… No scholarship

I was accepted into the business school and received the President’s scholarship.
Here are my credentials:

4.2 wGPA (out of a possible 4.59)
33 ACT

AP World History
AP Comp Gov
AP US Gov
AP Stats
AP MicroEcon
AP MacroEcon
IB English HL
IB Spanish HL

Im captain of our mock trial, varsity girl’s golf captain, have 200+ hours of community service, and captain of our speech and debate team. Made an appearance in states for Mock Trial last year, and came in 6th overall for Speech States. I live in Pennsylvania, and im Hispanic and first generation.

Congrats to everyone else who got accepted, and good luck to those still waiting!

Hi. I got admitted with a 3.71/31!! I really loved the school when visited. It’s probably the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. But I haven’t heard anything about merit aid, and I don’t think I can attend without it. So I’ll wait and see.

Accepted and awarded presidential scholarship!!

Waitlisted here in VA: 3.8UW/4.3W; 32 ACT, lots of great extracurriculars…visited twice and loved it, son’s first choice school so hoping that wait list opens up! Congrats to all.

I was accepted but they said I can’t attend till January, so spring semester. Did anyone else get this decision?

Accepted with President’s Scholarship. 35 ACT. 3.9 Unweighted GPA. Is the tuition worth it at half off?

@nomo1999 I received an email with my merit aid a few hours after I checked my admissions decision! They sent me an email with my government aid and my scholarship info. Best of luck to you, hope you hear good news soon!

It’s in the communication center. @uditjain

Does anybody know when we can expect information on the Foote Fellows program? I received the President’s scholarship (my award is $25,000/year) so I am hoping I will get an invitation as well. If anyone has any information on how/when we can expect to here, please let me know!

It really seems like the people with lower stats have a higher acceptance rate and more merit aid in this thread. That’s giving me some hope for when I check my decision. I guess it’s because of a very holistic review process, but it still seems odd.

i got waitlisted with a 28 and 3.75 GPA

It says undergraduate decision mailed. It isn’t letting me see it. What could this mean?

@addicted2nasdaq That’s fine! You need to click view/download if it’s not opening try using google chrome or unblocking pop-ups. Best of luck

3.9 Unweighted 4.21 weighted 35 ACT president’s scholarship for 100K

@addicted2nasdaq I had the same problem. Make sure your pop-ups aren’t blocked- I have a Mac and it wouldn’t let me view the decision until I unblocked popups!

Has anybody heard about HPM Program?

Is it better to get waitlisted or deferred? I got waitlisted but one of my friends got deferred… What does this mean?