University of Miami 2021 Early Action Thread

I cannot find that on twitter. Is it the umadmissions handle?

@collegehunt2017 https://twitter.com/UMAdmission/status/823551708110397441

Anyone else get invited to Hammond weekend?

Collegeguy07, did you get invited to Hammond weekend?

yeah I did but I barely know anything about it @momof2ct

so by second wave, was umiami only referring to hammond?

@lgt826 I never received an email either after submitting the essays for Stamps/Singer scholarship weekend. I was a little bit worried at first, but maybe they’re just not sending them out?

@lgt826 check all of your folders, my d’s invite went directly to trash and reminder email went to promotions, It never came through inbox or spam and now she is ineligible even though she never saw the invite because deadline has passed. I have no idea if they are sending out confirmation emails, but there is a possibility it is located in a folder you haven’t yet looked in. It has to do with the connect address they send it from

Question; My son applied ED II and said he was moved to Regular Decision. Is that the same as being waitlisted or deferred?

@TQfromtheU That would be the same as deferred. Waitlisted applicants typically do not hear back until after the decision deadline (May 1st)

Thank you, @memcge. Is he supposed to do anything? I fear senioritis is setting in and I have limited opportunities to pester him.

@TQfromtheU did your son hear back from EDII? Does anyone know when EDII comes out?

@jogo13 He heard back from EDII. I’m not sure when, but he told me this morning so I’m thinking within the last 2-4 days. Check the CaneLink to see if there is a status change.

@TQfromtheU It is supposed to be released in mid-February, is there a reason he heard back early? Best of luck to your son in the future.

@TQfromtheU Senioritis is real! I was deferred from a few schools this year and have not done anything. Some people suggest keeping in touch with the admissions director from your area and informing them of any new improvements/awards/accolades. The waiting is the worst part

Are they still sending out invites for premiere scholarship weekends? I was accepted EA and received a merit scholarship of $25k a year so I was hoping for an invite for a bigger scholarship, but nothing yet :frowning: Is it too late now, have they finished sending out invites?

Anyone else get invited in the second wave of invites to the premier scholarship weekend? We were hoping, but no luck for us :frowning: Saw on another thread someone received one last evening…

same @theunicorncorral

Not an expert, but D2 went in 2012. She received her invite the first week of March and it only mentioned the final weekend (apparently invites that included all three had been sent prior). I’m not sure how they dole out their invites or even if it is still done the same. She went and got a bump in her scholarship offer and foote fellow offer as well.

My daughter was accepted EA AND I read online that for one of the scholarships you need to be nominated by your guidance counselor, so I had my daughter contact her guidance counselor to ask for a recommendation. I’m hoping that helps because even though she got a partial presidential, it still isn’t enough to be able to send her there. She’s still waiting to hear from 6 other schools so we continue to wait.