University of Miami 2021 Early Action Thread

Does UM asked any of the EA applicants for Senior Year Mid term Grade Report ? Or anyone has send them.

@dadfor2014 I believe Midyear reports are only required for deferred applicants.

This is a quote from their website: “We do not require a Midyear Report; however, if the committee decides to defer you from the early rounds to the Regular Decision round, then we will strongly encourage you to send a Midyear Report so we can see your progress during your senior year.”

my to-do list items disappeared today. anyone else?

@dadfor2014 Our school automatically sends mid year reports to any school to which a student has applied and has a decision pending. Because the Miami EA notification date is so late, Miami will receive the report. I suspect that if your student is taking challenging coursework and has good grades, sending the report would be of benefit.

My school has not even taken midterms yet (they’re next week), so the school does not send first semester grades to any early action schools

I’m guessing we should be expecting them sometime this weekend. Let’s keep each other updated, and good luck to everyone.

We received a UM package in the mail this week but it turned out to be the football season ticket renewal. My daughter applied early action and the website has said “this application is complete” for quite some time now. I assume that means all outstanding items were resolved before we logged in because we’ve never seen anything on the to-do list. My daughter is 6/505 with 2030 SAT and 31 ACT, 5.2 GPA. We are hoping to have a pending communication in Canelink on Friday. Good luck to all!

I’m really concerned about my financial aid. I didn’t know about the CSS profile until late and I’m just now realizing about this IDOC thing. I’m going to turn it in today but really getting frustrated with this financial aid process and worried that I won’t get admitted because of it. The FA is the biggest pain ever. I applied to 6 other schools and didn’t have this issue.

Is canelink down for anyone else? Could this mean we’re getting decisions tomorrow?

mine was working just fine when I checked just now @spotifyshaggy

it’s back up now! my bad, it was giving me an error screen for a little while there

@undecidedtillmay I just have to compliment your wonderful username. I’m definitely going to be in the same position. I feel the pain.

I am confused. What date will admissions decisions be released? Will applicants get an email (or do they have to obsessively check the portal?). And will everyone hear at the same time? I have heard so many different answers!

The post just above was about applying EA

@elise303 Everyone hears on same day (which hooefukly is tomorrow!). You get an email notification that the portal is updated. They’ll be released at 3pm earliest. There’s a time drone in which emails come out so the site doesn’t crash, but it’s within a time frame all on the same day (so if someone hears tomorrow at 3:30pm but you didn’t get email yet, that just means you’ll get the email maybe at 7pm). The admissions directors told me this info when I visited the campus last month.

Do we have to submit the CSS in order to be considered? Because I just found out about it and I submitted my application in the beginning of November…will this affect my application/decision?

@crhvail if you applied for financial aid then yes

I mean will it affect my actual decision, aside from financial aid stuff?

@crhvail they say that those who don’t submit their financial aid stuff before the deadline will be at a severe disadvantage come admissions time

My portal was down for about an hour today around 10am. Not sure if it was just the sketchy school WiFi…