University of Miami 2021 Early Action Thread

@therealdeal23 I went touring yesterday & went up to the financial aid office to ask. Everything needs to be in by the deadline. My “missing” item was a glitch in the system & they fixed it on the spot. However, if I didn’t get it fixed, my application would be “in jeopardy.” I recommend calling the financial aid office & talking to them directly. Just wanted to update u.

So any chance it comes out today???

When did EA hear back last year?

Do y’all think that it would have been up by now if it was coming out today or would it be more towards the evening?

I feel like it would be more towards the evening. I wonder if they would ever release decisions on a Monday or another weekday besides a Friday or Saturday.

@lollypolly13 Thank you for the information! In the meantime, what are your guys stats?

Decisions came out on 1/29 last year

anyone hear today?

It probably will not be until the 28th or so

My daughter got accepted EA last year. They started posting decisions on Canelink like Friday afternoon and through the entire weekend. They don’t come out all at once. I think scholarship info came out a little later as well as financial aid info. From our experience it takes the financial aid forever to get through all documents and clear the to do list.

@88Aggie do you know around what date she was accepted?

IMG_6112.PNG

This was on the U’s admissions twitter ^

Sorry. Didn’t paste right. Let me try again …

Alexa Eckembrecher. ‏@A_Eckembrecher
@UMAdmission I actually have a question… when is the definite day the early action decisions will be posted?
Office of Admission
Office of Admission – ‏@UMAdmission

@A_Eckembrecher By late January, we will keep you posted through all our social channels.
1:10 PM - 13 Jan 2017

Does Miami tell you your scholarship amount on their acceptance or does that come later?

My apologies if already asked…but on the Princeton Review under tuition and aid it says “Notification Date Jan 20.” Do you think this means we will start hearing then? After all, that would be considered “late January.”

so we think that it comes out the 20th of January? any ideas what time?

@collegecrazyperson They will not all be released on the same day, let alone the same time.

I have to say that’s the most annoying and anxious time when you know decisions have come out and you’re just sitting there hitting refresh for yours. Ugh forever wishing decisions would be released on the same day and same time for everyone

It was the last weekend in January.
I think the scholarship info came later with actual letter in mail.

I went to U Miami about 3 weeks ago and while I don’t know the exact day they’re released, the admissions person said everyone finds out on the same day via the website