University of Miami 2021 Early Action Thread

I think based on past years it will be next Friday (1/27). I hope it’s tomorrow, but it’s never been that early looking back 5 years. Good luck all!

my to-do list finally updated. Is this a sign tomorrow is the lucky day?

@lochctelF That’s what I think. Still hoping for tomorrow thought because of college board and that they said “BY late January”

On collegedata website they say January 20 and they’ve always been accurate http://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg02_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=1047

@therealdeal23 Alright, you’ve been confusing me for this entire thread. Are you and have you been implying that financial aid documents somehow have an impact on your actual admissions decision? Because that would be ludicrous. I for one haven’t and don’t intend to submit any sort of financial aid information. Are you saying I probably won’t be accepted because of that? Because not only would that be idiotic for the school to do it would be considered illegal under state law.

@AHRed13

http://admissions.miami.edu/undergraduate/application-process/freshman/freshman-admission-requirements/freshman-applicant-options-and-deadlines/index.html

Maybe I am interpreting it wrong, I hope so

@AHRed13 Don’t worry, you are not required to apply for financial aid or required to submit any of that information. Only those applying for financial aid need to fill out those forms by a certain date. It will not hurt your chances of admission.

@therealdeal23 That is only if you are applying for need based aid. It is not a requirement for admission.

Last year 1/29 was the decision date so I’m thinking it may be 1/27 as well but hoping for tomorrow!

@Harryp17 what to-do list… and what does it say?

Crossing my fingers for today!

Who else got an email from umiami?

If you logged in cane-link, there was a to-do list on the right and it showed my tax forms even though I turned them in. It just updated yesterday and nothing on the list now.

What did it say? @Harryp17

@crhvail When you filled out Miami’s application, one of the questions was “Will you be seeking need-based financial aid”? If you answered no, you are all set. They were not expecting CSS, IDOC or tax forms from you and has no impact on your decision. To the contrary, they need students without financial need for their bottom line.

This email is to confirm the address you have entered/registered in myUM. You will receive your University of Miami correspondence at this address. This address will take effect within 24 hours.

I didn’t get this email!! Anyone else??

@godwilly99 I didn’t get it I’ve been checking. If it comes out today, what time do you guys think? 12?

Most colleges usually have decisions come out around 3-5

I did not get this email. I honestly do not think it comes out today but i hope im wrong

wow, seems like I am the only one who got it. I guess it doesnt mean anything then.