University of Miami Acceptance Question

Do I need a lot of AP in order to get accepted? If not, what would be needed to get accepted?

I was accepted with 4 AP and 4 Honors.

@camcam2022 so would I be okay with 2 AP 2 dual credit and everything else is honors. My grades are an A average and the rest of my stats are good

Absolutely

They do holistic review so a lot is placed upon comminity service, positions held and activities.

@camcam2022 okay thank you so much

Any nursing students apply EA n get accepted
If so, would you mind sharing stats

Anyone know when RD is released and is it thru email or snail mail?

@fall2018 An admissions counselor gave me the estimate of either the 3rd/4th week of March. They will link us to the portal by email. If you’re accepted you will also receive a packet by postal mail (after your decision is posted online).

Thanks for sharing release info.
It’s getting exciting & a bit stressful
Can’t wait to finally have our answer
My d applied to nursing - was accepted to UF, but they don’t have direct admit which is concerning
Hoping for Miami
Good luck to all !!!

@fall2018 did you apply for the 2018 class or are you applying for the 2019 class?

I think it depends on how you stack up to the rest of your graduating class! At my high school, a lot of us took a bunch of APs (Florida has free AP exams and my high school offered a lot), so I think to be competitive we had to take more. But if your school only offers 2 APs, then there’s not much you can do, and UM knows that

@allante I’m number 53 out of 368(or something). I haven’t even taken AP yet because my counselor told me to wait, but I’ve always done honors. We offer more than 2 AP. My senior year, I will be taking 2 ap and 2 college credit. Will I be okay?

@305miamigirl
D applied for fall 2018
She did regular decision