UMiami

Hi, I live in Dallas and have a 4.17 weighted GPA (3.9 unweighted), and I am taking 2 AP this year (junior year) and one “honors” or Pre-AP, and will take minimum 2 AP next year. I haven’t gotten my ACT scores back yet, but I was just wondering in general where I would need to fall to have a really good chance of getting into U Miami. I am a junior rep for a club, a member of AcDec, am in two honor societies, have been involved with my local children’s hospital, have other clubs and awards to list, and will do an internship next year. Is Miami a generally hard or easy school to get into? I haven’t heard much about it but will definitely apply early action or decision next year!

I think with a 4.17 weighted out of 4.0 scale that you’re in good shape. I recommend taking at least 2 or 3 Ap’s next year and if you get a 29-30 you should be good to get in

@bcp119 The _ is becoming more selective. To be considered for scholarships, aim to be in the top 25% of applicants. Here is a link to the 2017 Freshman Class Profile: https://admissions.miami.edu/undergraduate/application-process/class-profile/freshman-class-profile/index.html

@bcp119 I’m applying early decision too . Hopefully we’ll get in and stay in touch loll but everything seems good , but they are very selective.

@jackd341 I got a 32!! I will definitely take at least two AP next year. Still scared hahaha