University of Miami- Transfer 2020

Has anyone received an acceptance letter? My application was completed but I have not heard anything. It is supposed to be rolling admission. Also, what is your profile like?

Hi! I haven’t received anything yet but I did just complete my application this week. So there’s that. How do you know it’s rolling admissions? I haven’t seen anything on their website saying that it is.

I called and they told me rolling admissions apply to those who apply late. Decisions should go out in late April. However, if your application was completed in January then we would be part of the first group that finds out which is late March beginning of April.

What is your GPA like? I have a 3. 4, I am so anxious because it is not so high.

I have been told completing your application early gives an advantage!

Aww man I was hoping for earlier than late March haha. I’m impatient ? but at least we should hear in the first group.

I’m at a 3.51 right now but I’m hoping after this semester I’ll be around a 3.6. A 3.4 is good though! I think I think I read somewhere the average GPA at UM is like a 3.2 or something. Besides GPA isn’t the only thing they look at. You should be fine ?

Where are you transferring from?

I hoping I can possibly get a scholarship to transfer here. I have about a 3.7 while being on the national honor society and model U.N. I applied a few weeks ago.

is anyone transferring for sophomore year fall 2020

I submitted my application in December, but am waiting for my midterm report for it to be fully complete. How did you send in your mid term report so early into the semester?

I didn’t have to submit a midterm report. I think it may only be for transfers with less than 30 credits or not enough credits to make an accurate assessment of your college career.

I did not have to submit one either. I am still waiting, nothing new from my end. My application was complete and they have not asked me to do anything else but wait. Usually, they add things to your to-do list.

I hate this process, it gets me so anxious. I check the canelink every day. Hopefully, we get a response early March or mid-March.

@love0221 i knooow I check multiples times a day haha. It’s stressful. Where are you transferring from?

Florida International University!
Hopefully, after this semester my GPA goes up to 3.5. Will you be taking any summer classes at UM?

Oh sweet! I’m up at BC north. I’m sure it will just study hard ?. I’m not quite sure yet. Probably not though.

I called today and they told me that decisions should be coming out soon. Probably a month after your application is considered complete.

I called today too but they just said it’s rolling admissions and to expect delays. I hope the info you were told is correct though. The sooner we know the less stress and obsessively checking canelink hahaha.

Any updates?

Nothing yet :frowning: hopefully we find out soon!