University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

I applied to the school of communications… Mostly because my future career path will involve news at sometime. I’m hoping to either double major in broadcast journalism and political science with a minor in Spanish, or major in broadcast journalism with a track in pre-law (not sure if that’s a major) and minor in Spanish. I love UMS campus and it’s just the right size. I also love how they have a Lime on campus.

I want to get out of Kansas, ugh.

@gchick143‌ that’s exactly what I love about it so fingers crossed I get in!

When you live in Miami your whole life you forget that you’re living in such a rich and culturally diverse metropolitan city that is admired by lots of people for practically that exact reason

I want to get out of Miami but UM doesn’t even feel like you’re in Miami.

@coklo7 Yeah when you get to Miami you definitely wont be in Kansas anymore (Jesus i’m so sorry but I had such a strong urge to make that joke…hahaha)

No one for the green dot? Anyone?

@JrSmith1‌ I don’t even have the “my applications” box…

@JrSmith1‌ I have that man! PM me!

@asticca16 are you looking at the student center part?

@mfrias sent

Wait to anyone who has the green dot, was Miami a safety/target or reach for you? And to those who don’t have the green dot, was Miami a safety/target or reach for you guys?

While the green dot definitely doesn’t mean acceptance or denial, it might indicate a decision has been made but is kept on private. With that being said, maybe the people who have the green dot all happen to have Miami as a safe/target school, and therefore it might infer that the green dot means they’ve posted a decision (likely an acceptance) for they may have privately posted the acceptances and the denials will get the green dot later. Similarly, if the people with the green dot consider Miami a reach school, maybe it indicates they’ve posted a decision (likely a denial) for they may have privately posted the denials and the acceptances will have the green dot later. I know some schools send out the denials first and send out the acceptances in a later batch (or vice versa).
^Don’t know if that makes sense.

I’m ok with publicly stating that Miami was in fact a reach school for me, and I have a green dot. Don’t know if that helps anyone.

Miami was a reach for me too…this doesn’t sound good!

The green dot literally just means your application is complete. Idk why some people don’t have it but don’t read into it too much.
Sincerely,
Someone with a green dot with Miami as a target school

Hard to say if miami is reach for me of not… 1820 sat… 4.8 gpa. 7 Aps top 9% of class… Amazing Rex letters and really good common app essay… A lot of leadership as well… I got deferred from Boston college if that helps you decide if it’s a reach or match? Lol let me know! I have the green dot.

@JrSmith1‌ ya i’m on the student center but I dont have that box

When did you guys who DONT have the dot submit your applications

i think like the day before it was due lol so like october 30th

where do you guys see the green got?

I have the dot and I submitted mine on September 30th

Hi so I’ve kind of been keeping track of this thread but haven’t really involved myself until now haha. I don’t have the green dot or the “my application” box for that matter. I’m not really freaking out about it but I’m just curious as to why some have it and some don’t. does anyone else not see the box?