University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

Just spoke to someone from admissions and they said they are aiming to send them out this friday.

did someone in admissions say this?

Just called my Miami counselor. He said that the green dot generally means that the application is complete and they are reviewing it, but even he didn’t know why some people have it and others don’t. On a side not he said admissions decisions haven’t been posted yet, even though I didn’t ask about them.

Has anyone else been told they’re coming today…? Why would counselors being saying different days

Who was this person

Could a US Resident calling admissions officers for info please do me a favor and also ask if decisions for international applicant are scheduled to come along with US residents ones?

Spoke to someone and she said next week they’ll be out. Nothing about green dot… Said she couldn’t view my decision but she told me the steps I need to take if deferred… Safe to say I’m deferred

@Mfrias‌ did you have a green dot?

@Mfrias what are the steps if deferred? I have a feeling that I’ll be deferred (if not denied).

You guys must be driving the admissions office nuts. Have a little patience.

Everyone needs to stop claiming they called the admissions office and stressing everyone else out.

Hey yes I have the green dot. I spoke to Denise from admissions. She basically said that she wants me to send in an updated transcript, more awards, and important positions… I had already sent my awards and positions so she was like oh yes I see that here… So now she just wants me to send the updated transcript so she can see how the mid year grades affected my GPA. I’m so bummed out right now… I’ve had a few tears come down… Really wanted to get in EA

@spldnlvr‌

& if you don’t believe I called I can gladly show you a screenshot of the number and how long I was on the phone with her…15 minutes.

So green dot might indicate deferral?

No the green dot just indicates that the application is complete and said its the same thing as the favorites way to get to it but that it does not indicate any type of decision

@Mfrias I was deferred from one of my other top schools, but at least there’s still a chance in RD :slight_smile: Did you show any prior interest in the school - touring the school, the interview/meeting with your regional admission officer?

@spldnlvr‌ yes I did. I attended “preview the U”

You should send a letter to admissions if you get deferred, talking about how much you love the U, and are hoping to get in Regular. I’ve heard they love that.

@nervousgraduate‌ I sent that in a combined letter with my updated awards and such.

Just called admissions, they said that the green dot does not mean anything