University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

@Mfrias sorry to hear that :frowning: I’d recommend doing what nervousgraduate said - sending a letter. I plan on doing that if if deferred.

@spldnlvr‌ and yes I got deferred from my number 1 Boston College… So this one hurts a little more…

where is this green dot that confirms our application?

@Mfrias hang in there…deferrals are NOT rejections and these schools take a lot of students RD so you are still in the game, if you are indeed deferred from UM. Realizing that you have already sent supplements, I do think UM is really good about accepting whatever you want to enhance your application so definitely do that…maybe another recommendation or an updated one from a teacher who has had you for the semester and might have some great things to say about you? Or a community member that has seen you serving your community? Sounds like your heart is in this and it will come through and you will get into a great school…hang in there. And you don’t know for sure yet what your UM decision is…

@Mfrias‌ if she said decisions weren’t up how do you know for sure that you were deferred?

@Mfrias‌ so the lady said she couldn’t view your decision but then starting giving you tips on being deferred…that makes no sense

@monkeyflipflop96‌ I know… I just think she told me she couldn’t see it so that it wasn’t official and I wouldn’t freak everyone out. The way she spoke to me was almost as if she was looking at my deferral in front of her… She told me I’ll receive an email with the deferral In the coming days

@collegemomjam‌ thanks so much! Some really encouraging words… I just feel like I’ve done everything possible… Maybe the superintendent will write me a letter of recommendation lol

I’m sorry @Mfrias. Thanks for letting us know. It sounds like admissions is going to consider your midterms. Best of luck with RD.

I just called and they said decisions will be coming out mid February…I’m shitty cause 2 weeks ago they said the 6th so I guess they are pushing it back. She also indicated the green dot meant nothing and she was also very rude lol

@mfrias I’m so sorry I feel like that was very unprofessional how she told you that you were deferred they are defiantly not allowed to share that information like that. Keep your head up (:

Wtf… Mid February??? Makes no sense im about to call again lol

I’m so confused… Every admissions person is saying something different

@mfrias yes the lady said mid February which is so annoying let me know what they say to you

I called and Felicia answered and said mid February

Can we sue them? They are causing too much emotional pain and stress, and taking my focus away from my studies :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we sue them… Haha that made me laugh

@Mfrias‌ I dont really trust Felicia, thats who responded to me too, she’s very rude, and felt like she wanted to get off the phone

That’s the same girl I had!! Screw you Felicia she is not trust worthy

but then why do you guys think cane link is gunna be down for “maintenance” over the weekend?