University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

@ray260sun‌ @spindlvr My college counselor at my high school sent my mid year report to every school I applied to whether I was EA, RD, or had already been accepted. So yes I did send mid year reports!

Why do yall keep calling? Just wait your turn. The decisions will come out…

@etroxxx @ray260sun Oh yeah wait mine did too! but I’m just not sure if UM will look at them because they were just sent, ya know? I do hope they consider them though haha

I don’t. I got 2 c the first semester lol

@spldnlvr‌ @ray260sun mine are just eh… senioritis got the best of me :(( I got deferred from my other top school and I’m thinking it was most likely those grades that did it. They aren’t bad, but it definitely did not show an upward trend like colleges want to see.

thankfully no c’s for me but i was close! just a’s and b’s. but my gpa is still a 3.44 unweighted and i had a pretty tough course load.

@etroxxx i feel ya…got deferred from my top school too, which is not making me feel very good about this one … :-S

@spldnlvr‌ Me too!! I really thought that I would be accepted everywhere I applied so that was a confidence killer. It made me realize how competitive these schools are :-SS

I Guesse at this point decisions will most likely be tomorrow or Friday

my counselor sent mid-year grades to every college I applied to as well, regardless if it was EA or RD. Given UM’s reply date, I am starting to think that they might look at those mid-year’s for some people. Like EA schools that notified over December surely didn’t, but if people keep saying that some UM apps are still being reviewed maybe they see those mid-year for some students.

@blueapsos1690 that’s a really good point

omg now i think i spoke to felicia on the phone yesterday let me tell you she was so ambiguous and after the talk I said “thank you” and she just hung up.

i doubt it if they’re coming out tomorrow because my school didn’t send them out until today because of all of the snow we’ve gotten

Decisions are coming out Friday. I have a close connection with UMiami, so you can trust me.

@basedgodjr‌ do you know if international applicants’ decisions are also coming out Friday?

@blueapsos1690 International decisions come out by feb. 20th i believe.

Here is my take on the green dot. The kids with really spectacular stats were accepted on the spot when their app was reviewed so their case was closed and they don’t get a green dot, just acceptance. This week is admissions committee where they go through borderline apps and discuss whether to admit, defer, or deny the student. This is why students with lower stats (for UM standards) have the green dot…they are being talked about or considered in committee and a decision will be made for them…thus why their app is still open for consideration.
Makes sense to me…how about you guys?

f*** haha. Seriously, UM’s EA takes too much time

@blueapsos1690 seriously!!! I heard back from all of the other EA schools I applied to between early November and late December!

@college1997q‌ I would like to agree with that, but I didn’t have spectacular scores( 2040 SAT 31 ACT 3.68 UW 4.65 W), and not too many ECs, but a quite a few. But I did have 10 challenging APs, 7 of which came from Junior and Senior years, oh an I do not have a green dot