University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

@JPruneski8 - Thanks for posting this! Made my D check her email and she just got the Singer/Stamps invite too. I was watching on here to try to alert her asap b/c last year it looks like the interview weekends filled up within a few hours and some kids got locked out. She got RSVPd for the first weekend! Thanks again!!

Didn’t get an invite with a 34 ACT :frowning: congrats to those who did!!

If we didn’t get the email about singer/stamps, our chances of admission aren’t affected right?

@spldnlvr‌ no, only a small percent of the incoming class gets invited

@brixx21 cool thank you!! :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how many people are invited to the Singer/Stamps weekend?

@collegebound722‌ from what I know, 300 people get invited and 50 receive the scholarship!

@gchick143 So all 300 are admitted to the school but out of those 300, 50 get the scholarship? Or are only those 50 admitted?

@spldnlvr‌ no, all 300 are indeed admitted to the school because they qualify for the full ride scholarship, only
50 actually end up receiving the scholarship because it is so exclusive and so prestigious. But if you’re invited you’re in!!

@spldnlvr‌ all 300 are admitted. they’re the top of the applicant pool

From what I understand, the only reason they don’t give you a confirmation of acceptance is because normally a merit based scholarship is provided upon acceptance, but since the top 300 are special and could qualify for a FULL scholarship, they find 50/300 and I’m at least HOPING that the 250 others get some sort of merit-based aid that would otherwise have been given to them in an official acceptance into the university.

Do we know if the invites come all at once or in groups? Anxious here!

@gchick143 ah i get it! thank you for explaining this! I didnt qualify but i figured I’d find out what this is about :slight_smile:

Whoever posted the thing about the “inspect element” and “defer”…that is literally freaking me out! But I do know a bit about HTML and web page design so I think that might just be part of the code or something. This is so nerve-wracking…best of luck to you all!

@spldnlvr‌ you’re welcome! :slight_smile:

@gchick143‌ I know that the website for the Stamps Scholarship (http://www.miami.edu/admission/index.php/undergraduate_admission/costsandfinancialresources/scholarships/stamps_scholarships/) lists the recipients from previous years (back to the Class of 2015) and that maxes out at 6 with the Class of 2017. Does that mean the rest of the ~45-50 are awarded the Singer Scholarship?

Thanks @gchick143!

@underasail‌ Those are for Stamps Leadership. Different from Singers. App. 50 each year are awarded for Singers and those 7 you saw were awarded the Stamps.

@underasail‌ So yes haha you’re totally right! :slight_smile: Sorry misread the end of your question there haha

Thought you said Stamps instead of Singer lol :slight_smile: