University of Miami Class of 2024

May I ask why did you apply ED ?

You really should not have applied ED1 or ED2.
Have you considered going to the UK?
If you really have no way to afford the tuition, consider applying to the UK via UCAS as the deadline is the 15th of January at 18:00 UK time.
You only need one essay (personal statement) and some grades, so consider it if you really cannot afford it.

@Steglitz90 i just checked and my daughter shows everything as received now. I guess they just wanted a signed tax return from her. Weird because we didn’t sign ours and they marked it received. Good luck to everyone!

@kslinky - I called UM’s FA office yesterday & they told me to just submit a signed signature page (so the first page of the 1040 signed, not the entire 1040 again). I uploaded it to IDOC yesterday but it hasn’t been processed yet. Then I got a letter from another school my son applied to saying that signed 1040s had to be uploaded
so I may have to upload the whole thing anyways

@jpayne66 What was the essay prompt that needed a response?

HOllywOOd - The prompt asked to discuss a villain in a story and what made him/her a good leader
(I am paraphrasing the original prompt).

@jpayne66 Thank you! I like that question!

Does anyone know how accurate umiamis net price calculator is. I put my info and my expected contribution was $6000 so I was hoping that it’s somewhat accurate if I get accepted.

Same! So in really hoping that’s true

Does UM require mid year grades for EA’s?? Didn’t see it asked for anyplace but D grades won’t be in until 24th at best.

Does anyone actually know when the results are coming out? Should we expect it this Friday or the next one? Would someone consider calling the office of admissions? I would do it but I am an international student and it would be an international phone call

I called the admissions office, they said late jan or early feb but last year was 30th jan so we can expect decisions in 15 days.

Has anyone else’s estimated family contribution changed on the Financial aid status page? My expected family contribution yesterday was showing 18000 and now its showing 29000.

I guess you send it even after you get accepted, just like other EA schools.

@FoxRulz My D’s grades will be ready around the same time. Her Miami admissions counselor told us not to send them (as they would arrive too late and won’t be considered as part of her application review).

@steelpen This happened to us, too, and I was wondering why, as well. Our family contribution amount changed from $30,000 to $53,000! I sure hope this is a mistake.

@ChiGirl12 I talked to the financial aid office; they told me that am advisor would look into this issue. Lets see what happens

The Cost of Attendance and Awards page is now gone from my son’s system
 hopefully that means they’re going to send acceptance and merit soon!

I recently toured the school of nursing and sat down with an admissions representative. They only accept 56 students into the nursing major a year. This is because of the limited number of clinical spots they offer. Also, something to note is that the college of nursing doesn’t look at the applicants at all, it is only done through the admission office. I applied but not sure how good my chances are after hearing that number, 4.00 gpa 6.22 weighted , 7th in class, 1230 sat

Has anyone been accepted into Architecture? If so, do you mind sharing stats? Thanks!

My Son is interested in UM and he has submitted the premier scholarship mini essay before Jan 5, so now he is waiting for the big result. The only way he can go to UM if and only if he will receive a full tuition and some Need-based Grant. His EFC is 30000. I don’t know what his chance is, and We don’t want to go for loan.

Any one here can tell if there is any chance with this EFC #, base on previous experience or people that are attending UM right now?

Thank you very much.