University of Miami Class of 2024

Man my son just checked and it wasn’t there. We missed the window. Bummer

So my daughter’s says it needs CSS, we haven’t done that yet because we don’t think she will get any need based, did that FAFSA and that is there. No mention of any scholarship :frowning:

What does it say next to the 2021+ link under Aid Year Description? Mine says Federal Aid Year 2020-2021 and after. Curious if that means anything. The “and after” part seems like weird language choice.

That is all I have as well. Makes me nervous that others have more written …

They took it away from everyone. They probably didn’t realize it was active and just took it down. So I’m hoping what we saw today is a good indication of what to expect. Good luck all!

My DD checked and she received the Singer. She is beyond excited! An hour later she went to check again and the disbursements tab was definitely gone. I guess UM figured out we could see and found a way to hide that information.

@mom2jw @NYCmamaof3

Mine dissappeared too! May be they figured out the glitch :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing all this information. It has been interesting to follow.

ugh, jealous!! I was stupid and couldn’t find the tab in time!!! Also, it glitched bc I saw the tab for it and then the website corrected itself

We always fill out the FAFSA, but we don’t qualify for financial aid anywhere ever (third child) we saw President’s Award 20K before it all disappeared earlier

We also did not submit any financail aid forms to any colleges because we did not think we would qualify. My son received the email that he was a semi-finalist for the full-tuition schlorship and he submitted the essay. When I looked at his disbursement page this afternoon, there were no schlorships listed. We will be upset if he is not considered for merit because we did not submit finacial aid forms. If that is the policy it should be made clear and we would have submitted forms.

I teach at a local college and we always tell all of our students to always fill out the FAFSA every year because you just never know. Even if you think you don’t or won’t qualify for anything, fill it out. So we had our son do the same this year as he was applying to colleges.

@Saraah2777 why would you say that?

@Newjerseymom0115 that is exactly what I did. My sister went through the application a year before me and filled out FASFA and got $0 so I didn’t see the point in doing it this year . For UM their merit scholarships really should NOT be dependent on fasfa submission because 1. They never even requested any documents from me which I figured they would if I was a finalist and 2. They always reiterated that merit aid and financial aid are taken care of in two different offices or attract thats what I read on previous years . Now let’s say I’m wrong I will be having a melt down

^ perhaps for us nothing showed today just because they hadn’t bothered filling out our FA tab since we hadn’t applied for it

I checked my daughter’s portal like around 5 pm today and saw scholarship and other financial info and texted my daughter a pic of it since she was at event and then like 5 minutes later, the info was gone … but I still have a pic of it

My D’s disbursement tab has been gone since at least yesterday. I saw it about a week ago and was able to see all of the COA/EFC amounts, etc. I tried to look at it again yesterday and the tab was gone. It makes me nervous that ours was gone yesterday, but everyone else could still see theirs until it was removed tonight. Hope this doesn’t mean my D won’t be accepted. If you notice the tab has returned on your account, please let us all know. Thx!

Our info changed as well, can no longer see EFC. I think just another step as they update and get ready for announcement and awards.

so when do we think decisions will be released?

Probably next week…
I am hoping for this week, but they said Late January - Early February, so it should be next week :frowning: