University of Miami Class of 2024

Daughter accepted
Business OOS-IL
31 ACT
3.86 UW

No $. Hoping for some later tonight (fingers crossed)

When did your child find out she was a finalist for the scholarship?

Bittersweet here in NJ! D was accepted but with only a Presidential Scholarship. She was a finalist for the Premier and itā€™s hard to think about paying now! Congrats to all!

@dannearesttenth - when she received the essay request back in December the letter said she was selected as a finalist. Unfortunately she received the Presidential Scholarship

DD accepted
Presidents scholarship 20K
3000 work study
34 ACT 1500 SAT
4.4 W 4.9UW
Likely NMF Illinois
I guess presidential scholarship doesnā€™t get and invite to scholarship weekend?

DD deferred
OOS
3.7 GPA
30 ACT

@jpayne66 I think in past years those selected for premier scholarships and who go to the scholarship weekend may end up getting more money even if they donā€™t get the actual premier scholarship, so donā€™t give up hope all together yet.

D accepted, OOS 20K/year Presidential Scholarship

WerecthecMerit awards in the acceptance letter?

@2020CollegeDad no, you have to check cane link full site (not mobile) and look under financial aid, then click 2021+ then menu then look for awards

I can see that I got a presidential scholarship, so does that mean thereā€™s no chance of getting a premier one? What do they base premier scholarships off of? Merit-wise, I have really high scores so Iā€™m a little confused

Accepted 1500 / 4.3 WGPA

YAHOO!!! My parents are visiting next week while I take midterms.

Deferred out of state.
32 ACT, lots of extracurriculars (research internships, etc.)
Wondering if I should email my admissions counselor to emphasize that I am still interested?

@laurawin9792 You had to be invited to send in an essay to try for the premier scholarships. Those invites were sent out in December.

No financial aid though. No way I can afford it!

Thanks! Isnā€™t that only for a few of them tho, or for a premier scholarship in general? So, does that mean they consider things apart from only merit as well?

Does anyone know what the percentage rate was of students that were deferred last year but then got accepted?

Anyone accepted to architecture? OOS daughter just deferred, incredibly disappointed. This process is rough!

accepted
sat 1440
uw 3.7 w 4.3
business major

no merit

I am an international student and just got accepted. Anyone knows how to view merit scholarship?