University of Miami Class of 2024

I am going to repeat this since I was looking in the wrong place For scholarships

student center>>>view financial aid>>>>2021+>>>menu>>>awards

I didn’t realize you had to go to menu on the financial aid 2021 page - must do menu pull down for awards!

I do get to click on Lifetime Awards, but then it just says nothing under it. So assume no merit…

@ RMX2020 were you notified in your acceptance letter if you got the hammond scholarship? or were you invited for the finalists’ weekend?

Accepted with 3.8 UW GPA and 32 ACT. No merit money and very dissapointed as I can’t attend without anything.

I’m really confused right now. In my admission letter I was deferred, but I got an email from the office of financial aid congratulating me on my acceptance. I also got awarded financial aid according to my portal. Was this just a mistake?

I am so excited to have been accepted for the class of 2024!! I got a Presidential Scholarship of 10k a semester, however I can’t view my cost of attendance because I am missing a tax return, even though it was definitely sent, so it reads I can’t get my financial package yet. Since they didn’t receive the tax return and I might have to resubmit late, would this harm my financial package greatly? Thanks

Can someone tell me how to interpret the “awards”. There is one section that says “your award information” with a dollar amount for fall and spring. Then under that there is a section that says “grants and scholarships” with President’s scholarship and a dollar amount. Does that mean he got both scholarships and we add the numbers together for his total?

My son was accepted to architecture.
2 presidential scholarships (architecture and academic)
35 ACT, 4.3 GPA 5 DE, Honors, accomplished pianist, black belt, over 300 volunteer hours.

Daughter was Deferred and very disappointed! She was ready to commit today to her top choice!

1550 SAT, 35 ACT,
4.0 uw,4.9 w, top 1 percent at very competitive high school.
9 APs plus 6 community college credits
12 varsity letters,
4 years in theater leadership position
State awards for equestrian
Vocalist
Regional art awards for drawing and painting.
200 plus hours of volunteer
Great summer internships
Great recommendations

I honestly can’t see anyone who is more well rounded than she is!

No idea what the admissions folks are looking for. We are from Maryland- maybe they only take a certain number from here?

She isn’t giving up hope but I will encourage her to move on and not wait until 4/1. She already has plenty of higher ranked options and it will be Miami’s loss for sure. Lots of other great schools that would love to have my $!
Good luck to everyone else- I’m sure things work out for a reason.

im wondering the same thing, anyone know??

Hello all! I was just accepted into the U of M and just want to share my qualifications with all of you!

I was accepted into the business school for finance
ACT: 35
GPA: 3.99
Extras: 4 years and captaincies for varsity track and gymnastics with letters , politically active in my community, involved in student govt, French club, and link crew in my school, NHS
APs: six total, all scoring fours or fives

I was also awarded the presidents scholarship. I am from mn.

@golfgirl21 It’s likely her stats that made them worried about yield. Your daughter is a phenomenal, Ivy tier applicant and they probably are worried she won’t attend UMiami. If sbe senda a LOCI and express that it’s her first choice, but she didn’t apply ED because of Financial Aid concerns, then she’ll likely be admitted. She’s an Honors tier applicant for Miami

Still kind of shocked I got zero in merit and only $8,500 in federal loans & work study. Hoping maybe more will come later. No way I will spend that much when other schools of the same caliber have offered twice as much in meritz

I would write to an admission counselor. They may defer her thinking it’s her safety school.

Accepted w/ Hammons and Foote Fellow! All were posted in my message center

Daughter deferred too .- from Maryland! School counselors pushed Miami very hard this year. Normally she is well within the admissions range and we didn’t think this would happen. But, here we are. It was her top choice too.

Does everyone that was accepted and got scholarships applied for Financial Aid?

Can you see the amount of the hammocks scholarships on the scholarship tab?

Dumbfounded that I got in, CS!
1530 SAT, follows Cambridge Curriculum
SC President, Book Author
Mediocre Essay

Where did you see 2 presidential scholarships? Is that possible? What was the amount?