University of Miami Class of 2024

@Ctamayo no. My son got accepted but we got no merit. It was going to be rough with merit but now it seems impossible.

@noelle222 Thank you for clarifying our concerns. However, I do not understand why was I deferred.
I am an international applicant with a 3.90 UW GPA and a 1450 SAT in 1st attempt. I was selected as a FINALIST for a premier scholarship and I submitted a great essay. I had good EC’s and all. And now i got the letter that I am deferred.
If my stats and EC’s were not up to the mark then why did they select me as a FINALIST for a premier scholarship.
And if they think I would not attend UMIAMI then why would I apply EA? Why would I submit essay for scholarship? Why would I keep in touch with the admissions office and financial aid office?
I am just totally connfused.

Can some one call admissions and ask if any more merit could be released regarding premier scholarships. I really don’t want this to be over

Hi! I got accepted in the business school with 52k in the “grants and scholarships” section. However, I have not gotten any letter from an award and nothing shows up in my “awards” and “financial aid section”. Does anybody know why?

My stats:
GPA: 3.85
SAT: 1400

Leadership positions:
-2 year presidents of the National Honor Society
-founder and president of two entrepreneurship clubs
-president of 2 service clubs
-treasurer of another service club
-link crew
-varsity volleyball

@gatinhufofo Hey! I got the same amount in my “grants and scholarships” section, but I haven’t received any letters on the award. Did you?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows if the information about money under “Your Award Information” and “Grants and Scholarships” is the same?

^ my stats are
1440 sa CD c c c xx xxxc c gf

@melaniec did u apply for FASFA?

Deferred :neutral: stats: SAT 1380, GPA UW 3.7 W 4.2 applied for physics major, attended the Summer Scholars Program at UM. Disappointed but I already know where I’m going because my second choice offered me lots of money so, congrats to all new canes, maybe I’ll see some of you in grad school!

@NYCMomof3 my son also got accepted but in the full site only shows $10000 a ear with Canes achievements. I am very disappointed because he was considered finalist for the premier, we were expecting that if he was not going to get the premier at least he will got the max merit with a $30000 in a presidential. This is really tough, UM was his first option but with only $5000 a semester is Impossible. We didn’t apply for financial aid because we knew we won’t qualify but looks that they still reviewed our FAFSA , maybe they saw it big and decided to not give him enough $$$ , very un fair.

@boogie345 can you see the amount of the hammock in your cane link?

@bgel33 did you applied for Financial Aid when you sent your application?

@blondboynj did you applied for financial aid when you sent yor application?

@steelpen this is crazy!!! Why would they raised their hopes !! When they sent the invitation for the Premier they said you guys were in the top of the applicants , we would imagine you were going to get the most scholarships and they were just wanted to be sure if you deserved the full ride. The fact that they deferred you shows how crazy this process is . If my son’s scholarship doesn’t change to something around $25000 at least he will have to somewhere else, very sad.

@melaniec where do you see the $52k? In the full site or in the app?

Did anyone get accepted into Frost for EA for Contemporary MADE? Just curious. My D was deferred.

@mmkitkat was there a separate letter from frost or just the deferred letter from u Miami ?

The hammonds was full tuition

@jaf2323 Just a deferred letter from U Miami on her cane account. Did not receive email notification.

@boogie345 & @RMX2020 for the Hammond Scholarship, were you invited to write an essay like the folks for the premium scholarships?